Spot collector settings reset to defaults on start up

David Aslin

Hi all,
When I started DXLab this morning, Spot Collector came up with a pop-up with lots of text and Enter your callsign. I couldn't read the text as it was mostly greyed out, but I entered my callsign anyhow. (My excuse: I was doing this prior to my first coffee of the day).
When DXLac was all running (all modules except PF enabled) I noticed I was getting no spots.  Checking SC config, I found that all 4 spot sources had reset to the defaults and the auto boxes were not checked.
While it was relatively simple to retrieve and enter the credentials of my usual spot sources, I'd prefer not to have to repeat this.
Any clues as to why this happened?  DXLab and its databases are fully up-to-date and there hasn't been a W10 update on my shack PC for a week or more.
73, David G3WGN M6O

When I started DXLab this morning, Spot Collector came up with a pop-up with lots of text and Enter your callsign. I couldn't read the text as it was mostly greyed out, but I entered my callsign anyhow.

+ That window is displayed on startup when SpotCollector attempts to retrieve your callsign from the Windows Registry and finds it empty. The text displayed in black font on a gray background is

SpotCollector relies on DXCC, eQSL, LoTW, and USAP databases that are updated at varying frequencies. DXLab's DXView application will notify you when database updates are available, and download them with a mouse click. If you haven't directed the DXLab Launcher to install DXView, consider doing so.

If you do not install DXView, up-to-date databases can be downloaded into SpotCollector's Databases folder from the Auxiliary Files column of the table in http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#AvailableReleases

(My excuse: I was doing this prior to my first coffee of the day).
When DXLac was all running (all modules except PF enabled) I noticed I was getting no spots.  Checking SC config, I found that all 4 spot sources had reset to the defaults and the auto boxes were not checked.
While it was relatively simple to retrieve and enter the credentials of my usual spot sources, I'd prefer not to have to repeat this.
Any clues as to why this happened?

+ Either you inadvertently cleared the the "Operator Callsign" setting in the upper right corner of the Configuration window's General tab, or Windows suffered a lost of information from the Windows Registry; check the Windows Event Logs to see if a hardware or software failure was recorded around the time this occurred.