How to show new state confirmations on LoTW QSL Sync

Matt Foster

Is there a way to have LoTW QSL Sync show new state confirmations in the Notepad popup? On the QSL Config dialog, General tab, I have WAS checked under the "Awards" section, but I still don't see new state confirmations in the popup when I sync. I DO get new country confirmations.

I would think this is possible, but I can't see how to do it. Any suggestions are appreciated!

--
73, Matt, N0EYE

Is there a way to have LoTW QSL Sync show new state confirmations in the Notepad popup? On the QSL Config dialog, General tab, I have WAS checked under the "Awards" section, but I still don't see new state confirmations in the popup when I sync. I DO get new country confirmations.

+ The after-action report generated by the "Sync LoTW QSLs" function highlights newly-confirmed DXCC entities, VUCC grid squares, WAS states, WAZ zones, and WPX prefixes.

+ Note that a QSO with a US state that is confirmed via LoTW is only counts as a WAS confirmation if your QSO partner specified his or her state in the "Station Location" used to submit your QSO. This is indicated by the presence of the letter S in the QSO's "LoTW Cfm" item, which is accessible in the "Online QSL" panel on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm#LotW%20cfm>

+ If you believe that you have a situation where an LoTW confirmation did confirm a new state but failed to do so, please describe it.

Matt Foster

I don't recall ever seeing a new state confirmation in the after-action report. Just today, I received new confirmations on 40M FT8 for MO and NV. Both QSOs have an 'S' in the Cfm field, but neither appeared in the after-action report.

--
73, Matt, N0EYE

I don't recall ever seeing a new state confirmation in the after-action report. Just today, I received new confirmations on 40M FT8 for MO and NV. Both QSOs have an 'S' in the Cfm field, but neither appeared in the after-action report.

+ Were those your first confirmations of MO and NV on 40m?

* more AA6YQ comments below

+ AA6YQ comments below

I don't recall ever seeing a new state confirmation in the after-action report. Just today, I received new confirmations on 40M FT8 for MO and NV. Both QSOs have an 'S' in the Cfm field, but neither appeared in the after-action report.

+ Were those your first confirmations of MO and NV on 40m?

* Or were those your first confirmations of MO and NV in a digital mode?

Matt Foster

Yes, they were my first confirmations for MO and NV on 40m for any mode. I verified that by filtering my log with State='NV' and Band='40M', and today's QSL was indeed my first on 40M for NV. I did the same for MO, and today's was also the first for that state.

--
73, Matt, N0EYE

Yes, they were my first confirmations for MO and NV on 40m for any mode. I verified that by filtering my log with State='NV' and Band='40M', and today's QSL was indeed my first on 40M for NV. I did the same for MO, and today's was also the first for that state.

+ Thanks. More questions:

What boxes are checked in the "WAS Bands & Modes" panel on the Configuration window's Awards tab?

On the WAS tab of DXKeeper's "Realtime Award Tracking" window, are MO and NV shown as confirmed on 40m?

Do you have more than one "my QTH" specified on the Main widow's "my QTHs" tab? If so, does the "my QTH" specified in your 40m QSOs with MO and NV have its WAS box checked?

Matt Foster

OK...this helped some already. I didn't have any modes checked on the Awards tab. I fixed that, so now I just need to get another new state confirmation to see if that fixed it.

I did not have RAT enabled for WAS. I have it enabled now, and it shows MO and NV confirmed on 40m.

Yes, I have more than one myQTH, and yes, the logged QTH does have the WAS box checked.

--
73, Matt, N0EYE

OK...this helped some already. I didn't have any modes checked on the Awards tab. I fixed that, so now I just need to get another new state confirmation to see if that fixed it.

I did not have RAT enabled for WAS. I have it enabled now, and it shows MO and NV confirmed on 40m.

Yes, I have more than one myQTH, and yes, the logged QTH does have the WAS box checked.

+ OK. Please let me know how it goes when you receive an LoTW confirmation for a new state.

Matt Foster

We have success! I worked and confirmed DE on 40m this morning, and it correctly showed up in the after-action report. Thanks Dave for walking me through that!

--
73, Matt, N0EYE

We have success! I worked and confirmed DE on 40m this morning, and it correctly showed up in the after-action report.

+ Congrats on the new one, Matt!