Topics

Lotw & RAT

w3qt_mike

I was updating my records today and noticed that some QSOs are shown as verified in my LoTW account but not so in DXK’s RAT.  These were paper QSLs.  My understanding is that paper QSLs do not show up in LoTW with a QSL date under the “Your QSOs” tab.  Under these circumstances is it correct then that I must manually change the QSO’s QSL record in DXK from “C” to “V” when it is verified by LoTW?  It appears so, but I want to be certain I haven’t missed something.  Thanks.

73,

Mike, W3QT

Dave AA6YQ

I was updating my records today and noticed that some QSOs are shown as verified in my LoTW account but not so in DXK's RAT. These
were paper QSLs. My understanding is that paper QSLs do not show up in LoTW with a QSL date under the "Your QSOs" tab. Under these
circumstances is it correct then that I must manually change the QSO's QSL record in DXK from "C" to "V" when it is verified by
LoTW? It appears so, but I want to be certain I haven't missed something. Thanks.

+ If you use DXKeeper's "DXCC Submission" mechanism to choose the confirmed QSOs you submit for DXCC award credit, then when that
credit is granted, you can "promote" the status of those QSOs from "submitted" to "credit granted" (aka "verified") with a single
action. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GenerateSubmission>

+ If you didn't use DXKeeper's DXCC Submission" mechanism, you can use DXKeeper's "DXCC Credit Manager" to download all of your DXCC
credits and update your logged QSOs to reflect DXCC credit granted. However, about 25% of your credits will require manual action to
compensate for shortcuts taken and data entry errors made by ARRL personnel when entering data from QSL cards (unless you submit
using "DXCC Online"). See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ManageDXCCCredits>

+ For a handful of QSOs to which DXCC credit has been granted, manually updating your logged QSOs may be faster.

w3qt_mike

Thanks, Dave. Just a handful. I try to use LoTW for most of my
confirmations. About the only cards I get and submit for DXCC credit on my
LoTW record are the last several needed for a new entity or 5BDXCC. Looks
like manually updating would be faster for me.

73,
Mike, W3QT