Remnants of Commander after closing program

Andrew OBrien

Any recommendations? I frequently get the message that Commander is already running when attempting to boot it after I had closed it earlier . I have to use the Task Manager to “end use “. Using Win10.

Andy K3UK

g4wjs

On 22/10/2020 13:23, Andrew OBrien wrote:
Any recommendations? I frequently get the message that Commander is already running when attempting to boot it after I had closed it earlier . I have to use the Task Manager to “end use “. Using Win10.

Andy K3UK
Hi Andy,

this can happen with some USB connected rigs if you turn the rig off before terminating Commander.

Bill

G4WJS.

Norm - KC1BMD

Had same problem yesterday and today. It has not happened before in the several days I've been running it. The only difference I can determine is that it started after I enabled an initial sequence to set the radio to desired settings on Commander startup. I also had to terminate Commander in TaskMgr after it tried 11 or so times to terminate. It does not happen all the time. On at least one of the occasions, Commander did not start (the Launcher bubble stayed blue (Cyan) color. Curious if anyone else has seen it.
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Andrew OBrien

I missed Bill's advice earlier.  I will keep an eye on which of my rig's are connected and follow Bill's advice.  Thanks Bill.
Andy K3UK

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 11:38 AM, Andrew OBrien wrote:
I missed Bill's advice earlier.
 I saw that and forgot to mention that it is not related to my situation.

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

Had same problem yesterday and today. It has not happened before in the several days I've been running it. The only difference I can determine is that it started after I enabled an initial sequence to set the radio to desired settings on Commander startup. I also had to terminate Commander in TaskMgr after it tried 11 or so times to terminate. It does not happen all the time. On at least one of the occasions, Commander did not start (the Launcher bubble stayed blue (Cyan) color. Curious if anyone else has seen it.

+ That can happen when Windows cannot release all of the resources being used by the application. A serial port is the most likely culprit.