LoTW upload not working

Phil Cooper

Hi all,

Today, after making some contacts, I added the new QSO's using the ADD REQUESTED function, and directed DXK to "Upload to LoTW", and I noticed that the banner just showed "waiting for TQSL to complete processing", which has sat there for some time now.
Normally, when doing this, I briefly see a small window that shows C:\ and then the contacts are uploaded. I didn't see that this time.

I checked my config, and the correct path is shown to TQSL, and using the "run" button, it brings up TQSL as expected. The username and password are correct, so I wonder what is going on.
Looking at ARRL.org and the LoTW site shows no issues reported today.

What else can I check to see what is wrong?

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Today, after making some contacts, I added the new QSO's using the ADD REQUESTED function, and directed DXK to "Upload to LoTW", and I noticed that the banner just showed "waiting for TQSL to complete processing", which has sat there for some time now.
Normally, when doing this, I briefly see a small window that shows C:\ and then the contacts are uploaded. I didn't see that this time.

I checked my config, and the correct path is shown to TQSL, and using the "run" button, it brings up TQSL as expected. The username and password are correct, so I wonder what is going on.
Looking at ARRL.org and the LoTW site shows no issues reported today.

What else can I check to see what is wrong?

+ Please reboot Windows into "Safe mode with network"; then start DXKeeper and invoke the "Add Requested" operation. Any change in behavior?

Phil Cooper

Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I did reboot Windows, and found that a USB port was causing a problem. I disabled the port (unplugged the feed from the motherboard), and that appears to have cured the issue.

Time to get that new PC out of the box I think!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

[...]

+ "It's always something!"

Phil Cooper

Dave,

I only twigged as when I rebooted, I had an error message  in the POST that said there was an overcurrent issue with USB, and it would shut down in 15s, which it did.

I was aware that one port was having a problem, as when plugging something in, it would only work intermittently.

73 de Phil GU0SUP