COmputer slowed down after about a week of DXLabs

My computer has slowed down after about 3 weeks of moving to dxlabs from HRD.  I almost always use with JTDX.
When selecting a new station to call, it takes several seconds for the call to show up in dxKeeper filter window.  And when the qso is finished it takes almost a minute for it to show up as logged.

It didn't do this for a couple weeks.  Then is slowed down.  First couple contacts are speedy then it starts slowing down.

So I'm wondering if I have a setting set that is over tasking the computer.  The computer isn't a speed demon, but it all worked so well for a couple weeks.
commander, dxkeeper, spot collector and JTDX running.

Just asking... HI

Norm WA4ZXV EM73vw

My computer has slowed down after about 3 weeks of moving to dxlabs from HRD.  I almost always use with JTDX.
When selecting a new station to call, it takes several seconds for the call to show up in dxKeeper filter window.  And when the qso is finished it takes almost a minute for it to show up as logged.

It didn't do this for a couple weeks.  Then is slowed down.  First couple contacts are speedy then it starts slowing down.

So I'm wondering if I have a setting set that is over tasking the computer.  The computer isn't a speed demon, but it all worked so well for a couple weeks.
commander, dxkeeper, spot collector and JTDX running.

+ Have you configured your anti-malware applications to consider each of your DXLab applications to be "safe"?

+ How many entries are present in your Spot Database?

+ Have your reviewed the configuration guidance for SpotCollector provided here?

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/OptimizeSCPerformance>

+ Note: DXLab interoperates with WSJT-X. I have not tested it with JTDX, though several DXLab users employ it without complaint.

Just asking... HI

+ All questions are welcome here, Norm.

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 6:14 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

I posted this to our local club's FB page. It's WSJT-X, not JTDX, and
further, it's very like that my problem was different than the problem
you are having -- unless your disk space is also very low and your
Windows instance was heavily reliant on swap space. But I thought it
worth posting:

``WSJT-X user? I am. Started January of '19 (not long after Peter K
did that SSTV stuff over the repeater showing images from a
telescope). Lots of QSOs.

``Since the deadly global pandemic started, I've made a bunch more.
Like 700+ ... and that's just QSOs. I often have it decoding for hours
while working.

``Completely and totally unrelated to that, I've noticed that I've
been running low on storage. To keep costs down when I put this system
together, I only got a 120-GB SSD. And I was down below a gig the
other day. OK, so ran C-Cleaner and the disk clean up routines in W10
and pulled off some software I wasn't really using and got it up to
about 5 GB free.

``Today, I noticed that C-Cleaner has a better "storage analysis" tool
than W10. Ran it and found out that the single biggest use of disk
space was music. What? I get my music from the radio like anyone born
in the 1960s. Duh. Dig a bit more and find out all the "music" (WAV
files, actually) are in "C:\Users\plaws\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\save\"
.... Wait - that's no music ...

``Turns out that WSJT-X had saved pretty much every Rx period I'd ever
decoded. Took me a while to find out where this was controlled, but
there it is under "Save" on the main menu bar. I don't know if *I*
selected "Save decoded" or if that was the default ...

``But I now have 70 GB free ...

``Check this on your own setup. If it's on because you want it on,
that's great, but if it's on and you didn't realize it ...''

Dave / NR1DX

Norm

Do you leave your computer on continuously ?  If so power down and start back up and see if the problem goes away. Also you can use windows TASK MANAGER to what programs are using the most CPU  and memory usage this will give you and all of us a better clue on where the problem might be'

Dave
NR1DX

--
Dave Manuals@ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com