WinWarbler Setup

Stuart - VK6MK <stujen55@...>

Hi all
I am trying to set up WinWarbler on a Yaesu FTDX101MP. MMTY is working well as a stand alone and I am making RTTY contacts. Commander is working fine with both TX and RX Mode and freq all interacting with the transceiver.   In WinWarbler RTTY config I get to MMTY SETUP button works.

When I transmit RTTY in WinWarbler with macros or typed in text I transmit a solid carrier wave and the text goes into the top screen in white but is obviously not transmitting. The freq and Modes in WinWarbler also interact with the transceiver. The tune box is unticked and ticking it makes no difference.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.  I feel I am close and have tried endless combinations of ports PTT etc and just cant work it out.

Thanks
Stuart VK6MK

I am trying to set up WinWarbler on a Yaesu FTDX101MP. MMTY is working well as a stand alone and I am making RTTY contacts. Commander is working fine with both TX and RX Mode and freq all interacting with the transceiver. In WinWarbler RTTY config I get to MMTY SETUP button works.

When I transmit RTTY in WinWarbler with macros or typed in text I transmit a solid carrier wave and the text goes into the top screen in white but is obviously not transmitting.

+ That's the classic symptom of configuring WinWarbler for RTTY FSK operation, but not providing an FSK signal to the transceiver's backpanel input - in the case of the FTDX-101, the SHIFT signal on pin 4 of the backpanel RTTY/DATA jack, as shown on page 62 of your FTDX-101 Operation Manual. As described in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/AFSKFSK>

+ this requires an external circuit to generate the FSK signal from a serial port modem control signal:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FSKConnection>

+ You say you are making RTTY QSOs with MMTTY, so you evidently have MMTTY configured for AFSK transmission. You can configure WinWarbler to transmit RTTY via AFSK as well: see the RTTY portion of the "General Setup Instructions" in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/Multimode_Setup>

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Dave the FTDX101MP ( I use) works fine with MMTTY with extFSK64 via RTS, with DTR ptt on the standard CP2105 comport (no soundcard afsk involved) (enhanced CP2105 comport used for CAT).

Is this possible in Winwarbler ?

Adrian Fewster

On 20/8/20 9:51 am, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ Yes: configure WinWarbler for FSK operation, as described in the "Configuring WinWarbler for FSK operation" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FSKConnection>

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Dave, I played some more, and see extFSK64 and MMTTY Engine is supported, and config settings, but I cannot get it to FSK key.

I see the shift activity in the Engine screen, but it is not fsk keying radio.

I am trying to find the MMTTY Engine comport config with RTS DTR options , which shows in the native MMTTY version ?

I don't think it is tickling the rts as needed for extFSK keying. I have TX and just a mark key line.

MMTTY on the other hand works great using extFSK64 method, so not sure what I am missing?

Thankyou

Adrian Fewster

Adrian Fewster

On 20/8/20 7:04 pm, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
Dave the FTDX101MP ( I use) works fine with MMTTY with extFSK64 via RTS, with DTR ptt on the standard CP2105 comport (no soundcard afsk involved) (enhanced CP2105 comport used for CAT).

Is this possible in Winwarbler ?

+ Yes: configure WinWarbler for FSK operation, as described in the "Configuring WinWarbler for FSK operation" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FSKConnection>

Joe Subich, W4TV

I am trying to find the MMTTY Engine comport config with RTS DTR
options , which shows in the native MMTTY version ?
When using EXTFSK/EXTFSK64 in WinWarbler (as would be required when
using the USB interface of modern rigs) you must set FSK Control
in the WinWarbler Config -> RTTY tab to EXTFSK/EXTFSK64 (at the
bottom of the ports pick list) and set the port to be used in the
separate EXTFSK/EXTFSK64 window.

On 2020-08-20 6:19 AM, Adrian Fewster wrote:
[...]

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FSKConnection> <https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FSKConnection>

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Thanks very much Joe and Dave.
I had enabled the MMTTY Engine with which the extfsk64 gui had no port setup etc,, , just assumed it was needed...
Once I disabled that, the rest of my setup was already good, and it played nice ;

https://youtu.be/E0lfzoHplW0

Adrian Fewster

On 2020-08-20 6:19 AM, Adrian Fewster wrote:
[...]

+ WinWarbler uses MMTTY as an "engine" for RTTY reception and transmission. If you start the instance of MMTTY in your WinWarbler folder, is it able to transmit RTTY? Make sure EXTFSK64 is correctly configured.