Displaying Spots on SmartSDR's Panadaptor


RIchard Thorne
 

Hi Dave,

I'm going to try a Flex 6600 again.

A while back there was some sort of an issue with displaying spots on SmartSdR's Panadaptor. I honestly don't recall what the issue was but it was an issue and the suggestion was to turn off the option or install an earlier version of 2.xx.

I'm looking forward to having multiple slices displaying different bands to monitor propagation.

Has that issue been resolved. I'll be running v3.xx

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC


Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm going to try a Flex 6600 again.

A while back there was some sort of an issue with displaying spots on SmartSdR's Panadaptor. I honestly don't recall what the issue was but it was an issue and the suggestion was to turn off the option or install an earlier version of 2.xx.

I'm looking forward to having multiple slices displaying different bands to monitor propagation.

+ Commander maps slices A and B to VFOs A and B. You can do whatever you like with the other slices.

Has that issue been resolved. I'll be running v3.xx

+ I am running SmartSDR version 3.1.7.138 with my 6500, and active callsigns are being correctly displayed on its panadaptor. There are now so many live versions of SmartSDR that I've stopped trying to test them. All I can say is

- the version I'm using works (3.1.7.138)

- other than the results of configuration errors, there have been no recent reports here of active callsigns not being displayed on the pandaptors of any live SmartSDR version

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Russ Ravella
 

Hello,
In case this is helpful, I’m running a Flex 6600 with v 3.1.12.51 s/w (the current version) and it is behaving as Dave describes too, including displaying spots through Commander from SpotCollector.
73,
Russ, KR6W

On Aug 17, 2020, at 5:21 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm going to try a Flex 6600 again.

A while back there was some sort of an issue with displaying spots on SmartSdR's Panadaptor. I honestly don't recall what the issue was but it was an issue and the suggestion was to turn off the option or install an earlier version of 2.xx.

I'm looking forward to having multiple slices displaying different bands to monitor propagation.

+ Commander maps slices A and B to VFOs A and B. You can do whatever you like with the other slices.

Has that issue been resolved. I'll be running v3.xx

+ I am running SmartSDR version 3.1.7.138 with my 6500, and active callsigns are being correctly displayed on its panadaptor. There are now so many live versions of SmartSDR that I've stopped trying to test them. All I can say is

- the version I'm using works (3.1.7.138)

- other than the results of configuration errors, there have been no recent reports here of active callsigns not being displayed on the pandaptors of any live SmartSDR version

73,

Dave, AA6YQ






w2eck
 

Same here, also with a 6600. Works like a champ!

73 Paul w2eck


RIchard Thorne
 

Thanks for the replies to this.

The rig will arrive this week and looking forward to the spots showing up on the pan adapter.  It worked great on my previous 6600 until the update from Flex changed things up.  I'm glad the new SmartSDR version/updates resolved the issue.

Rich - N5ZC

On 8/17/2020 7:21 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm going to try a Flex 6600 again.

A while back there was some sort of an issue with displaying spots on SmartSdR's Panadaptor. I honestly don't recall what the issue was but it was an issue and the suggestion was to turn off the option or install an earlier version of 2.xx.

I'm looking forward to having multiple slices displaying different bands to monitor propagation.

+ Commander maps slices A and B to VFOs A and B. You can do whatever you like with the other slices.

Has that issue been resolved. I'll be running v3.xx

+ I am running SmartSDR version 3.1.7.138 with my 6500, and active callsigns are being correctly displayed on its panadaptor. There are now so many live versions of SmartSDR that I've stopped trying to test them. All I can say is

- the version I'm using works (3.1.7.138)

- other than the results of configuration errors, there have been no recent reports here of active callsigns not being displayed on the pandaptors of any live SmartSDR version

73,

Dave, AA6YQ