Topics

SatPC32 with Spectrum not connecting

Jeff Schwartz

Yep, with Commander set for SatPC 32 and DX Keeper open, logging all important information is just one click away for the Sats. I also have DX View and Pathfinder open on my SatPC workspace so I can see who and where I’m talking to. In addition DX Atlas can be auto opened with DX View and you have instant access to the grids to pin point these contacts. Dave has really fashioned a superb program.

73 Jeff / KI0KB

On Oct 3, 2020, at 4:44 PM, Lynn Palmer via groups.io <bmepllc@...> wrote:

 Jeff, I was running the last Beta version of SatPC32 that Eric gave me for testing.  I deleted it and downloaded the released version and all is working well. Now to remember to use DXKeeper more often., I was manually logging Sat contacts for so long I need to develop a new habit.

73
Lynn
kD9BVG

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, October 3, 2020, 12:00 PM, Jeff Schwartz via groups.io <ki0kb@...> wrote:

Lynn,
I suspect at this point you have it all sorted out. I recently upgraded to the new SATPC 32 program with the spectrum scope and have it all working well with DX Labs and my IC-9700. I was a bit skeptical about the spectrum scope usefulness but it is actually very nice for satellite passes with it's aim and click tuning and mouse wheel fine tuning.

The best site on how to set up an IC-9700 for SATPC 32 and how to set up the spectrum scope is at the developers web site at: http://www.dk1tb.de/IC9700_Setup.pdf   It is very well documented. In addition DX Labs ability to seamlessly interface with SATPC 32 now makes satellite activity an immensely enjoyable experience.

Jeff / KI0KB

Lynn Palmer

[...]

The best site on how to set up an IC-9700 for SATPC 32 and how to set up the spectrum scope is at the developers web site at: http://www.dk1tb.de/IC9700_Setup.pdf <http://www.dk1tb.de/IC9700_Setup.pdf>

+ Thanks, Jeff! I have added a link to this article in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SatelliteTracking>

+ If you encounter any other useful SatPC32 setup guides, please post their URLs here, and I'll add links to them as well.

Jeff Schwartz

Lynn,
I suspect at this point you have it all sorted out. I recently upgraded to the new SATPC 32 program with the spectrum scope and have it all working well with DX Labs and my IC-9700. I was a bit skeptical about the spectrum scope usefulness but it is actually very nice for satellite passes with it's aim and click tuning and mouse wheel fine tuning.

The best site on how to set up an IC-9700 for SATPC 32 and how to set up the spectrum scope is at the developers web site at: http://www.dk1tb.de/IC9700_Setup.pdf   It is very well documented. In addition DX Labs ability to seamlessly interface with SATPC 32 now makes satellite activity an immensely enjoyable experience.

Jeff / KI0KB

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6QY comments below

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 02:17 PM, Lynn Palmer wrote:

I have an Icom IC-9700 and recently upgraded SatPC32 to the version with the Spectrum display. Now it will not connect to DX Commander. The previous version of SatPC32 without Spectrum connects ok. Any ideas how to fix?
+ None whatsoever. I suggest that you ask the developer of SatPC32.

Lynn Palmer