Topics

Program "DDE Test" of the DXLabs suite

KD7YZ Bob

I found 'DXLab Test' on https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm.
It states : "application that illustrates the use of DXLab's DDE interfaces (includes source code)"

SO, on the DXKeeper Tab, when I filled in a "Log QSO" entry line at the top, I am guessing that when I press "Log via DDE", that I should see the line in the bottom of DXKeeper.

I didn't.

However when I pressed "Log via TCP", I did.

And on the "Commander" Tab, when I tried to change my Xcvr freq and mode via DDE, at the top of the Tab, it did nothing.

When I tried the same from the TCP Transceiver Control area, it handily changed both freq and mode.

Where do I begin to trace the lack-of-DDE control problem .. if there is actually one?

Thanks Dave.

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

I found 'DXLab Test' on https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm.
It states : "application that illustrates the use of DXLab's DDE interfaces (includes source code)"

+ Correct. Note that it does not say "application that users can employ to diagnose connectivity problems".

SO, on the DXKeeper Tab, when I filled in a "Log QSO" entry line at the top, I am guessing that when I press "Log via DDE", that I should see the line in the bottom of DXKeeper.

I didn't.

However when I pressed "Log via TCP", I did.

And on the "Commander" Tab, when I tried to change my Xcvr freq and mode via DDE, at the top of the Tab, it did nothing.

When I tried the same from the TCP Transceiver Control area, it handily changed both freq and mode.

Where do I begin to trace the lack-of-DDE control problem .. if there is actually one?

+ With Commander running and controlling your transceiver, type a callsign into DXKeeper's Capture window's Call textbox, and strike the Enter key. Does the Capture window's "TX freq" textbox track frequency changes made with your transceiver's front panel?

KD7YZ Bob

On 7/7/2020 16:46, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
+ With Commander running and controlling your transceiver, type a
callsign into DXKeeper's Capture window's Call textbox, and strike
the Enter key. Does the Capture window's "TX freq" textbox track
frequency changes made with your transceiver's front panel?
The Rx text-box does.
Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

+ With Commander running and controlling your transceiver, type a
callsign into DXKeeper's Capture window's Call textbox, and strike the
Enter key. Does the Capture window's "TX freq" textbox track
frequency changes made with your transceiver's front panel?
The Rx text-box does.

+ Then interoperation via DDE is working correctly.