Topics

Little problem with latest SpotCollector

Salvatore Besso

hello,

this morning I have noticed this behaviour trying to send a spot on the cluster (the correct frequency is shown at the left of the "Freq" label, it's 14.260):

Call edit box: IL7/IK4YCQ
Notes edit box: EU-050

This spot passes regularly on the cluster and I can see it after one second.

Call edit box: IL7/IK4YCQ
Notes edit box: EU-050 San Domino Island

This spot never passes on the cluster and I can't never see it.

Call edit box: IL7/IK4YCQ
Notes edit box: San Domino Island EU-050

This spot never passes on the cluster and I can't never see it.

Please note that this behaviour happens clicking either on "Cluster" button or "Local" button.

Notes:

1. it's not a problem of the security software. Enabled or disabled it's the same
2. There are years that SpotCollector's configuration doesn't change

Thank you.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

iain macdonnell - N6ML

Hi Salvatore ,

I suspect that SpotCollector is interpreting "Domino" as the digital
mode with that name, and that you have that excluded in your Mode
filter (or prefilter)?

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 2:52 AM Salvatore Besso
<salvatore.besso@...> wrote:

[...]

hello Iain,

yes, you're right, "domino*" modes are all excluded. So a workaround will be needed. Let's see what Dave says.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

yes, you're right, "domino*" modes are all excluded. So a workaround will be needed. Let's see what Dave says.

+ In the outgoing spot notes, try putting an asterisk * in front of Domino to prevent it from being considered a mode name.

*Domino

Salvatore Besso

Dave,

it works. Thank you.