Van: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] Namens Dave AA6YQ
Verzonden: maandag 6 juli 2020 19:38
Aan: DXLab@groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [DXLab] DXKeeper - export error

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 03:21 AM, Patrick ON6AT wrote:

I have a problem exporting a piece from my log.
I describe what I do.

Every month I send my QSO's to the contest manager of UBA International Prefix Hunting.
How do I proceed?

1) Via DXKeeper Advanced Sorts, Filters & Modifiers I use the filter "After 1/06/2020 00:00 and before 30/06/2020 23:59"
    This will filter the log between these dates.

2) Now I go to Export to create an ADIF file from the filtered log.
    I click on export and the check mark is on "Export standard ADIF" and on "Export QTH definitions".

3) Now I click on "START" and I can find the folder where I want to put the file.
    As an example I use ON6AT-06, because adif is automatically added as an extension.

4) I click on "load" BUT now I get an error message:
    "unnable to open ADIF file D: \ ON6AT_new2020 \ 4 - CONTESTS all \ UBA Contests \ UBA International Yacht \ 2020 \ ON6AT -06.adi - file already open"

It is not possible that an adif file is already open, if this file has not yet been created?
And certainly not, because the command is "export"?

Please have a solution for this message.
I work with DXKeeper version 15.6.6 Windows 10 Home 64 bit Build 18362

+ Resolution: the D drive onto which Patrick was attempting to export a file was write-protected. The not very helpful "file already open" error message was given to DXKeeper by Windows.

[...]

ON2AD Pat

Hi Patrick, ON6AT

Why not use the SQL Query Filters in the Adv panel ?
Write in
Caption: UBA Pfx
SQL expression: (FREQ BETWEEN 29 and 1.8) and (QSO_Begin BETWEEN #2020/06/01# and #2020/07/01#)and (Station_Callsign like 'ON6AT') and not(Call like '!*')
Click on Filter and all your QSO's are in the filter
Then go to the Panel "Export QSO's" in the next window press "No" in our case "Nee" click on Export ADIF for Club Log then Start and now type ON6AT-06 and "Save" in our case "Opslaan".
And that's all.
This is the way I do , and my log is always accepted.

PS: do not forget to save your SQL Query Filters

Hope this will help

73 de Pat ON2AD

That's the problem:
1) Here is the log already filtered to 243 qso's.

2) Here I go to the Export tab:

3) Here I go to the map to the folder where the file ON6AT-06.adi will be saved. (Opslaan = Saved)

4) That's the error I'm getting.

Maybe you know what's going on?

+ As a first step, reboot Windows, start DXKeeper (but nothing else), and direct DXKeeper to export the file. What happens?

Patrick ON6AT

Hi Dave,

That's the problem:
1) Here is the log already filtered to 243 qso's.

2) Here I go to the Export tab:

3) Here I go to the map to the folder where the file ON6AT-06.adi will be saved. (Opslaan = Saved)

4) That's the error I'm getting.

Maybe you know what's going on?
73 ON6AT Patrick

Patrick ON6AT

Hi Joe,

That's correct, sorry for the mistake.
No load But save HIHI
73 ON6AT Patrick

[...]

+ When you click on the "Start" button in the lower-left corner of the Main window's "Export QSOs" tab (step 3 above), DXKeeper displays an "ADIF Export" window where you can select the folder and specify the name of the file to be created. There is a "Save" button on this window, but not a "Load" button. In which window are you clicking a "load" button?

Joe Subich, W4TV

4) I click on "load" BUT now I get an error message: "unnable to open
ADIF file D: \ ON6AT_new2020 \ 4 - CONTESTS all \ UBA Contests \ UBA
International Yacht \ 2020 \ ON6AT -06.adi - file already open"
Where are you clicking on "Load"? You should be clicking on "Save" in
the Windows file dialog.