Topics

Has anyone running DXKeeper 15.6.6 or SpotCollector 8.6.9 on Windows 10 experienced interference from Windows Defender? <eom>

So we ought to be able to remove the exclusions for DXLab in Defender?

+ Only the most recent releases of Commander, DXKeeper, and SpotCollector have so far been submitted to Microsoft.

+ Under the principle of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", I suggest leaving your exclusions in place.

CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M

I don't know. I gave up and started using Kaspersy Total Security which has an "Applications Control" feature to set the levels of access or denials for applications like the DXLab Suite.

Other similar security applications have similar functions. I may be into "belt and suspenders" but I don't trust Defender to put up the shields against Zero Day or Zero Hour plus one attacks while still allowing DXLab to run.

YMMV,
Gary ~ AB9M

Von: Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...>
Datum: Mi., 1. Juli 2020, 11:24
An: DXLab@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [DXLab] Has anyone running DXKeeper 15.6.6 or SpotCollector 8.6.9 on Windows 10 experienced interference from Windows Defender?

No problem here with WD exclusions.

Thanks

73

Kent

N6WT

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 7:58 AM Al Groff via groups.io <al.k0vm=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I set up a WD exclusion for DXKeeper.exe a few months ago.. Haven't tried removing the exclusion for current version of DXK. Spot Collector 8.6.9 is running without exclusion.

AL, K0VM

Dennis Hitzigrath

Von: Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...>
Datum: Mi., 1. Juli 2020, 11:24
An: DXLab@groups.io

No problem here with WD exclusions.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 7:58 AM Al Groff via groups.io <al.k0vm=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I set up a WD exclusion for DXKeeper.exe a few months ago.. Haven't tried removing the exclusion for current version of DXK. Spot Collector 8.6.9 is running without exclusion.

AL, K0VM

On 7/1/2020 1:49 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

Kent N6WT

No problem here with WD exclusions.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 7:58 AM Al Groff via groups.io <al.k0vm=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I set up a WD exclusion for DXKeeper.exe a few months ago.. Haven't tried removing the exclusion for current version of DXK. Spot Collector 8.6.9 is running without exclusion.

AL, K0VM

On 7/1/2020 1:49 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

Al Groff

I set up a WD exclusion for DXKeeper.exe a few months ago.. Haven't tried removing the exclusion for current version of DXK. Spot Collector 8.6.9 is running without exclusion.

AL, K0VM

On 7/1/2020 1:49 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

Jim Denneny

No problems - Jim K7EG

Scott Stembaugh

No problems whatsoever.  Of course I have all appropriate files and directories excluded from Defender.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 2:49 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

Dave AA6YQ