Topics

recommendations sought for SSTV software

David Reed

I am thinking of trying SSTV and wondering if any of you might have recommendations of software for it, and particularly if it might interoperate with the DXLAB suite...

All suggestions are appreciated.

thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV

Joe Subich, W4TV

I would start with MMSSTV.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/MMSSTV_Bridge/ should provide the ability to
log to DXKeeper and use Commander for rig control. If you go this route
you will probably want to put the "helper" app "MMD.exe" in Launcher's
autostart list.

On 2020-06-29 12:25 PM, David Reed wrote:
I am thinking of trying SSTV and wondering if any of you might have recommendations of software for it, and particularly if it might interoperate with the DXLAB suite...
All suggestions are appreciated.
thanks & 73 de Dave, W5SV

I would start with MMSSTV.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/MMSSTV_Bridge/ should provide the ability to log to DXKeeper and use Commander for rig control. If you go this route you will probably want to put the "helper" app "MMD.exe" in Launcher's autostart list.

+ I second Joe's recommendation; I made both of my SSTV QSOs with MMSSTV.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:12 AM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I would start with MMSSTV.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/MMSSTV_Bridge/ should provide the ability to log to DXKeeper and use Commander for rig control. If you go this route you will probably want to put the "helper" app "MMD.exe" in Launcher's autostart list.

+ I second Joe's recommendation; I made both of my SSTV QSOs with MMSSTV.
OK, I chuckled :)

73,

~iain / N6ML

David Reed

Thanks all for the help;  it is much appreciated.

73 de Dave, W5SV

On 6/29/2020 17:12, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I would start with MMSSTV.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/MMSSTV_Bridge/ should provide the ability to log to DXKeeper and use Commander for rig control. If you go this route you will probably want to put the "helper" app "MMD.exe" in Launcher's autostart list.

+ I second Joe's recommendation; I made both of my SSTV QSOs with MMSSTV.

Rob VE3RXH

That's cool!  I've just started with SSTV using MMSSTV.  Now I'm all set up for logging direct to DXKeeper.

Thanks for the useful info.

Rob
VE3RXH