Topics

Wrong zone bug for /R rovers?

Rich - K1HTV

Dave,
  I noticed an anomaly in that multiple rovers in different parts of the USA that I worked in the VHF contest, all had the CQ Zone field set to 16 instead of the correct one. The zone was probably pushed into the field when I did a "CBA" for the QSOs. Any idea as to why this is happening?

73,
Rich - K1HTV

I noticed an anomaly in that multiple rovers in different parts of the USA that I worked in the VHF contest, all had the CQ Zone field set to 16 instead of the correct one. The zone was probably pushed into the field when I did a "CBA" for the QSOs. Any idea as to why this is happening?

+ What's an example of a callsign for which the wrong CQ zone was logged?

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 7:10 PM Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I noticed an anomaly in that multiple rovers in different parts of the USA that I worked in the VHF contest, all had the CQ Zone field set to 16 instead of the correct one. The zone was probably pushed into the field when I did a "CBA" for the QSOs. Any idea as to why this is happening?

+ What's an example of a callsign for which the wrong CQ zone was logged?
I have several in my log too - looks like old contest QSOs, probably
imported from N1MM Logger. Callsigns are of the form "AA6YQ/R".

Rich, how were your QSOs logged?

Seems like something, somewhere, is considering /R to be Russia....

73,

~iain / N6ML

Rich - K1HTV

Regarding the /R being logged in Zone 16 (Zone for European Russia) I use WSJT-X to JTAlert to DXKeeper. I just tried logging a test QSO with a simulated rover and it logged the CQ Zone correctly. It may have been a JTAlert problem that Laurie has fixed.

73,
Rich - K1HTV