Topics

DXKeeper and clearning QSL Sent from "R"

Steve Wedge <Steve27302@...>

I've been fighting with this off and on for a few years.  I'm getting more active again and really want to get this sorted out.

If I go to the QSL tab in LOTW, and I "Add Requested", it populates hundreds of QSO's  I don't know why they're still set to R, as I have synched LoTW QSO's, QSL's and all my QSO's are uploaded to LoTW, so WHY isn't the sent status changed to "Y"?

Similarly, I get the same thing when switched to cards, labels, or anything else.  Some of these QSO's are 30 years old and I don't want to print out over 1000 labels.  I just want those fields to be cleared or (preferably) changed to "sent".  I don't understand why the status doesn't get changed when I clear all of them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

I've been fighting with this off and on for a few years. I'm getting more active again and really want to get this sorted out.

If I go to the QSL tab in LOTW, and I "Add Requested", it populates hundreds of QSO's I don't know why they're still set to R, as I have synched LoTW QSO's, QSL's and all my QSO's are uploaded to LoTW, so WHY isn't the sent status changed to "Y"?

+ On the Main window's QSL tab, set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW. Note the dates beneath the "Sync LoTW QSOs" and "Sync LoTW QSLs" buttons. When you click these buttons, they direct LoTW to report QSOs accepted or confirmed (respectively) since those dates -- not since the date of the first QSO in your log.

+ These instructions describe a one-time procedure for updating the LoTW status of all logged QSOs when you've come to DXKeeper from another logging application by importing an ADIF file that doesn't specify the LoTW status of every QSO:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOsAlreadyUploadedLotW>

+ Did you perform this procedure when you first moved to DXKeeper?

Similarly, I get the same thing when switched to cards, labels, or anything else. Some of these QSO's are 30 years old and I don't want to print out over 1000 labels. I just want those fields to be cleared or (preferably) changed to "sent". I don't understand why the status doesn't get changed when I clear all of them.

+ Let's get your QSOs' LoTW status updated first; then we can address their card/label status.

Steve Wedge <Steve27302@...>

I suspect that I had done this when I first loaded DXKeeper over 10 years ago.  LoTW, seems to have an accurate representation of what I have sent them and my DXCC totals reflect what I expect.

I did the operations as per the instructions.  I didn't need to do the last section.  I had been using LoTW with my previous software (which I seem to remember was DXBase).

When I rerun "Add requested" for LoTW, I am still getting around 300 QSO's.  I hit ctrl-"Upload to LoTW, it sends me back that they're all duplicates,  I thought that syncing the QSO's and QSL's would have made this go away.

Mike Rhodes / W8DN

Steve,
  You should be able to go to the 'Adv' button right above the log display and then at the bottom choose "Modify QSOs in Log Page Display" to change all the 'R' to 'Y' or " " or whatever is appropriate.

Mike / W8DN

On 6/11/2020 5:23 PM, Steve Wedge wrote:
I suspect that I had done this when I first loaded DXKeeper over 10 years ago.  LoTW, seems to have an accurate representation of what I have sent them and my DXCC totals reflect what I expect.

I did the operations as per the instructions.  I didn't need to do the last section.  I had been using LoTW with my previous software (which I seem to remember was DXBase).

When I rerun "Add requested" for LoTW, I am still getting around 300 QSO's.  I hit ctrl-"Upload to LoTW, it sends me back that they're all duplicates,  I thought that syncing the QSO's and QSL's would have made this go away.

I suspect that I had done this when I first loaded DXKeeper over 10 years ago. LoTW, seems to have an accurate representation of what I have sent them and my DXCC totals reflect what I expect.

+ The facts that LoTW seems to have an accurate representation of what you have sent them and your DXCC totals reflect what you expect are not evidence that you executed that procedure. The fact that you have hundreds of logged QSOs that indicate that they haven't been submitted to LoTW is evidence that you did not execute the procedure.

I did the operations as per the instructions. I didn't need to do the last section. I had been using LoTW with my previous software (which I seem to remember was DXBase).

When I rerun "Add requested" for LoTW, I am still getting around 300 QSO's. I hit ctrl-"Upload to LoTW, it sends me back that they're all duplicates,

+ Re-submitting QSOs already submitted to LoTW will not update your logged QSOs to accurately reflect their acceptance by LoTW.

I thought that syncing the QSO's and QSL's would have made this go away.

+ As noted in my first response, those functions direct LoTW to report acceptances/confirmations after the dates below their buttons.

+ One last question before I recommend a corrective action: how many QSOs are present in your log?

Steve Wedge <Steve27302@...>

Actually, now I see that there is a discrepancy.

LoTW says I have 11,522 QSO's
DXK says 12,808

That's 1286 off.  Somehow, some DXK QSO's aren't in LoTW.  Some of the requested ones are very recent and I know that they're in LOTW.  I hAVE dxk configured again to upload each time I log a QSO.  I'm hoping that there's a way to figure out which ones aren't in LoTW, aside from manually crawling through.

Thunderstorm coming, so shutting things down now.

Thanks for your help, Dave.

You should be able to go to the 'Adv' button right above the log display and then at the bottom choose "Modify QSOs in Log Page Display" to change all the 'R' to 'Y' or " " or whatever is appropriate.

+ No, do not do that!!!

+ The way to update missing LoTW status in logged QSOs is by directing LoTW to report it, not to assume that you know what that status is for each QSO.

+ The only remaining question at this point is whether it will be faster for Steve to direct DXKeeper to "Update from LoTW" on his ~300 QSOs that don't show LoTW acceptance, or to direct DXKeeper to direct LoTW to report the acceptance status of every uploaded QSO. That's why I've asked him how many QSOs are present in his log.

Actually, now I see that there is a discrepancy.

LoTW says I have 11,522 QSO's
DXK says 12,808

That's 1286 off. Somehow, some DXK QSO's aren't in LoTW. Some of the requested ones are very recent and I know that they're in LOTW. I hAVE dxk configured again to upload each time I log a QSO. I'm hoping that there's a way to figure out which ones aren't in LoTW, aside from manually crawling through.

Thunderstorm coming, so shutting things down now.

+ A good time for the first step, since you won't be operating:

+ On the Main window's QSL tab,

1. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW"

2. while depressing the CTRL key, click the "Sync LoTW QSOs" button; this will direct LoTW to report the 11,522 QSOs it has accepted, enabling DXKeeper to set each accepted QSO's "LoTW QSL Sent" item to 'Y'.

+ This could take awhile - like all night. Let me know when that's complete, and we'll take the next step: submitting those QSOs that have not yet been submitted to LoTW.

Steve Wedge <Steve27302@...>

I've looked a little more and I may have two problems.  I previously went into DXK and uploaded to LoTW, then I had to restore a backup file due to my clearing all the QSL fields.  In addition, I have had the QSO's in the card mode.  I now also discover that there are 1286 more Q's in DXK than are in LOTW.

The ones that are shown as needing to be uploaded were uploaded -- then I restored the file that had them NOT uploaded.  This consists of about 375 Q's.  They are already in LOTW and as QSL sent.  So I think the first thing I have to do is figure out how to get those 375 Q's to display on the log page WITHOUT the other 800-and-something ones that still need to be sorted out.

Is there a way I can display these 375 on the Log QSO's screen so that I can change the QSL Sent to "Y"?

TNX, all, and 73,

Steve, W1ES/4

Steve Wedge <Steve27302@...>

Oh, dear.  This isn't working. With the QSL Queue showing empty (I cleared it), I have QSL via LoTW.  I ctrl-click "Sync LoTW QSO's", it inspects one and finishes.  "LoTW operations:  1 QSO processed, 1 log entry updated, 0 errors."

These are the times when I know that not choosing a career in software was a very good choice of mine.

Steve Wedge <Steve27302@...>

I put a screenshot in but apparently it didn't take.

I can repeatedly ctrl-click the QSO's synch and it processes 1 QSO.  Seems very strange.  DXK V15.2.2

I don't want to update it unless you think that's okay.  I have backups but this is becoming strange.

W1ES

Mike Rhodes / W8DN

Hold the mouse pointer over the 'sync' button and see what it says. Think this will get you going. ;-)

Mike / W8DN

On 6/11/2020 7:56 PM, Steve Wedge wrote:
I put a screenshot in but apparently it didn't take.

I can repeatedly ctrl-click the QSO's synch and it processes 1 QSO.  Seems very strange.  DXK V15.2.2

I don't want to update it unless you think that's okay.  I have backups but this is becoming strange.

W1ES

Mike Rhodes / W8DN

OOPS !! Missed that you held ctrl. Sorry.

Mike

On 6/11/2020 8:07 PM, Mike Rhodes via groups.io wrote:
Hold the mouse pointer over the 'sync' button and see what it says. Think this will get you going. ;-)

Mike / W8DN

On 6/11/2020 7:56 PM, Steve Wedge wrote:
I put a screenshot in but apparently it didn't take.

I can repeatedly ctrl-click the QSO's synch and it processes 1 QSO.  Seems very strange.  DXK V15.2.2

I don't want to update it unless you think that's okay.  I have backups but this is becoming strange.

W1ES

I put a screenshot in but apparently it didn't take.

+ this discussion group does not convey screen shots; we have a fixed storage space allocation.

I can repeatedly ctrl-click the QSO's synch and it processes 1 QSO. Seems very strange. DXK V15.2.2

+ Please attach the file

LOTW_QSOs_ADI.txt

+ from DXKeeper's Databases folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Steve Wedge <Steve27302@...>

Just to reconfirm, I terminated everything, rebooted the computer, started up just DXK and it is still not loading the entire log when I hit ctrl-"Sync LoTW QSO's"

Just to reconfirm, I terminated everything, rebooted the computer, started up just DXK and it is still not loading the entire log when I hit ctrl-"Sync LoTW QSO's"

+ That's happening because a few months ago the ARRL changed LOTW's reporting API in a non-upward-compatible manner, and you're running an older version of DXKeeper from before I made the compensating change. Upgrade to the current version of DXKeeper.

Steve Wedge <Steve27302@...>

That did it, Dave!  Thanks!

I was preparing to update DXK next but was waiting to hear back.  I tend to update one app at a time, in case something goes off the rails with this computer.

DXK is inspecting 11,522 QSO's, so that takes care of one issue.  Now I have to find which 1286 QSO's are NOT in LoTW and figure out how to get them there.  They may nave been imports from N1MM or CT (yeah, this log goes back to 1982...).

DXK is inspecting and is taking less time than I imagined it would.

73,

Steve Wedge <Steve27302@...>

Aw, damn.  I just checked by clicking "Add Requested" and there are still about 140 Q's that are coming up.  These are mostly from 2013.  I tried uploading them to LoTW, in the hope that these were not duplicates but LoTW says that they are dupes.

So, some of the Q's were resolved but for some reason, there are still some (140) that sem to be enteres on LoTW but aren't confirmed as such in DXk.

Thanks again.  It's better.

n4ww austin regal

The last part of his question is a problem for me also.

I use qsl_sent with R request and load it into qsl que and print the labels. Then I try to "update the log" and " "clear" the qsl que. But it doesnt update the log They continue to be "r". I figured this out once but 3 months later I am stuck again.

Be nice to have a menu that allows change all of these letters back and forth and click "up date log". I know about advance feature and resort to it when all else fails.

[...]

I appreciate that this is very complex software.  I could never creat anything like this to deal with submissions.  That is why I preface everything with "what did I do wrong?" -- because there are so many decision paths to be made.

I am nearly at the point where I'm ready to submit LoTW QSO's for DXCC credit but there are still some QSO's that are out in limbo.  Some of this may be the fault of another software vendor but I'd like to get everything on the level.  I believe that I had everything sorted out 10 years ago when I went to DXLab.  Now that I'm getting more time to work with this, I need to find out where the discrepancies are and how to get them onto LoTW.

I am almost there.  The cards discrepancy will sort itself out, eventually, since I'll likely change those values to "already done" or whatever, to clear them.  LoTW is different, in that it should agree with what I have in my log.

Thanks to all who work on this.  Like I've said before, to me it's an art that I don't understand.

73,