Topics

Failure to Upload Qs to LOTW

Fred - NA2U

I’ve been uploading ADIFs for years without incident. Today, however, I uploaded one of today’s CWOps ADIF file and only ONE QSO of more than 60 made it to LOTW. NO error messages. Everything looked normal. Message said all had been uploaded. The uploaded Q was not the first or last Q in the file. I later tried uploading another one, checking the box to upload QSO already uploaded. It uploaded. It then appeared in LOTW.

Dave, we have discussed using that check-box in the past but this instance is different. What might have caused this behavior? I know I’ll now have to upload the others one-at-a-time. It’s a PITA. Thanks.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

World Sees Biggest Single-Day Jump in COVID-19 Cases
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec5d6e2eb01256e2302cst02vuc1
NFL Player: I Was Sexually Assaulted on a United Flight
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec5d6e311f2c56e2302cst02vuc2
Supreme Court Keeps Mueller Material Secret
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec5d6e32c80456e2302cst02vuc3

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 06:19 PM, Fred - NA2U wrote:

I’ve been uploading ADIFs for years without incident. Today, however, I uploaded one of today’s CWOps ADIF file and only ONE QSO of more than 60 made it to LOTW. NO error messages. Everything looked normal. Message said all had been uploaded. The uploaded Q was not the first or last Q in the file. I later tried uploading another one, checking the box to upload QSO already uploaded. It uploaded. It then appeared in LOTW.

+ How did you submit your "CWOps ADIF file"? Did you use DXKeeper, or did you use TQSL directly?

Dave, we have discussed using that check-box in the past but this instance is different. What might have caused this behavior? I know I’ll now have to upload the others one-at-a-time. It’s a PITA.

+ I seen no grounds for concluding that you must upload each of your QSOs one at a time.

Fred - NA2U

Thanks, Dave.  I imported adif into DXKeeper, used “Add requested” to put Qs in the queue, then “Upload to LOTW”.  Got message that all had been uploaded, queue is empty.  Only one W ended up in LOTW.  I tried uploading another of the Qs and upload aborted because program thinks they we already uploaded.  I uploaded a second Q but had to select upload Q already uploaded (or similar).

How can I upload the balance with doing so individually, please?

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

On May 20, 2020, at 7:55 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ First, let's determine why your QSOs weren't accepted the first time you submitted them to LoTW:

1. On the Main window's QSL tab, click "Sync LoTW QSOs", and wait for it to complete

2. On the Main window's "Lot QSOs" tab, click the Filter panel's LoTW button; this will filter the Log Page Display to contain QSOs uploaded to LoTW, but not accepted by LoTW

+ How many QSOs are now present in the Log Page Display?

+ What is specified in the "Station Callsign" items of the QSOs in the Log Page Display?

+ What is specified in the "Station Callsign" box in the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab?

Fred - NA2U

Good morning. Mine are # below.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

On May 20, 2020, at 11:32 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Thanks, Dave. I imported adif into DXKeeper, used “Add requested” to put Qs in the queue, then “Upload to LOTW”. Got message that all had been uploaded, queue is empty. Only one W ended up in LOTW. I tried uploading another of the Qs and upload aborted because program thinks they we already uploaded. I uploaded a second Q but had to select upload Q already uploaded (or similar).

How can I upload the balance with doing so individually, please?

+ First, let's determine why your QSOs weren't accepted the first time you submitted them to LoTW:

1. On the Main window's QSL tab, click "Sync LoTW QSOs", and wait for it to complete
#DONE

2. On the Main window's "Lot QSOs" tab, click the Filter panel's LoTW button; this will filter the Log Page Display to contain QSOs uploaded to LoTW, but not accepted by LoTW

+ How many QSOs are now present in the Log Page Display?

+ What is specified in the "Station Callsign" items of the QSOs in the Log Page Display?
#NA2U

+ What is specified in the "Station Callsign" box in the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab?
#NA2U

FedEx Driver: I Was Fired After Video of Customer Dust-Up
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec685842389e583052bst02duc1
Illinois Lawmaker's Refusal to Wear Mask Has Consequences
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec685843e213583052bst02duc2
CDC Issues New Guidance on Coronavirus on Surfaces
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec6858458b97583052bst02duc3

Dave AA6YQ

* More AA6YQ comments below
+ First, let's determine why your QSOs weren't accepted the first time you submitted them to LoTW:

1. On the Main window's QSL tab, click "Sync LoTW QSOs", and wait for it to complete
#DONE

2. On the Main window's "Lot QSOs" tab, click the Filter panel's LoTW button; this will filter the Log Page Display to contain QSOs uploaded to LoTW, but not accepted by LoTW

+ How many QSOs are now present in the Log Page Display?

* That's a lot of submitted but unaccepted QSOs. How many QSOs does your log contain in total?

Fred - NA2U

#below. I,too, was surprised by the large number. I don’t understand why.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

* More AA6YQ comments below

#117,118

Hurricane Forecast Isn't Great News
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec6e7e6bc55067e57c7dst01duc1
Nation Has a New Spy Chief
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec6e7e6d9aec67e57c7dst01duc2
Trump Is Scrapping Treaty With Russia on Surveillance
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec6e7e747b567e57c7dst01duc3

#117,118

+ So the question is, which will be faster:

A. 6590 individual requests sent to LoTW to report a QSO's status so that DXKeeper can update each one

B. Directing LoTW to report that status of all 117,118 of your QSOs, so that DXKeeper can update them each of them

+ I'll guess that A will be faster:

1. On the Main window's "Lot QSOs" tab, click the Filter panel's LoTW button; your 6590 QSOs should appear in the Log Page Display

2. On the Main window's QSL tab

2a. set the "QSL Via" panel to QSL

2b. click the "Update from LoTW" button, and confirm that you want DXKeeper to query LoTW for the status of each of those 6590 QSOs

+ This step will take a long time; I suggest that you initiate it before retiring for the evening; don't be surprised if it's still running in the morning.

3. On the Main window's "Lot QSOs" tab, click the Filter panel's LoTW button; how many QSOs are now present in the Log Page Display?

Fred - NA2U

Option 1, Steps 1 and 2
If I set QSL via to QSL cards I do not get an “Update from LOTW” button.

I’ll add that the list shows the last failure before the current one was 7/10/18.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

+ AA6YQ comments below

#117,118

[...]

Man Who Served 11 Presidents Dies of COVID
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec6f7b7aecd277b67eb0st03duc1
Trump Skips the Mask in Public Tour of Ford Plant
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec6f7b7cdf5177b67eb0st03duc2
Former Trump Lawyer Goes Home After a Year in Prison
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec6f7b7ed9c677b67eb0st03duc3

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ commetns below On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:51 PM, Fred - NA2U wrote:
Option 1, Steps 1 and 2
If I set QSL via to QSL cards I do not get an “Update from LOTW” button.
+ Set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW.

Fred - NA2U

Operation A resulted in the number of submitted but unaccepted dropping to 6,588.  I am estimating that <200 of these were made with my current call.  Of those ~50 Qs were NA2U/7.  Some of these have been confirmed in LOTW. The remainder of 6+K were WA0QOA, the last of which was in 1993.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

Begin forwarded message:

From: Fred - NA2U <cwman@...>
Date: May 21, 2020 at 2:51:33 PM MST
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re:  [DXLab] Failure to Upload Qs to LOTW

Option 1, Steps 1 and 2
    If I set QSL via to QSL cards I do not get an “Update from LOTW” button.

I’ll add that the list shows the last failure before the current one was 7/10/18.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

On May 21, 2020, at 2:02 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

?* More AA6YQ comments below

#117,118

[...]

John Kludt

Fred,

Do you have an LoTW certificate for WA0QOA?  I am guessing you do but I am curious.

John

#117,118

[...]

Yes.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

#117,118

[...]

+ You began this post with a report that only 1 QSO of 60 that you imported and uploaded to LoTW was accepted by LoTW.

+ Now we're dealing with more than 6000 QSOs made with multiple callsigns that have not been accepted by LoTW.

+ I suggest that we deal with the original "problem" first:

1. populate the QSL Queue with the 60 QSOs that you uploaded to LoTW, but were not accepted.

2. enable the option on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab that permits QSOs to be resubmitted

3. resubmit those QSOs to LoTW

4. wait a couple of hours, and then log in to your LoTW account to see if the QSOs are now present.

+ As to your "what can cause this?" question. Since TQSL refuses to let you resubmit those QSOs without the "permit QSOs to be resubmitted" option being enabled, TQSL processed those QSOs. Either TQSL failed to submit them to LoTW, or the internet failed to transport those QSOs from TQSL to LoTW, or LoTW rejected them.

Fred - NA2U

Tried uploading the 60+ Qs again. Same result. None uploaded. I could try uploading the ADIF file directly from TQSL but if there is somehow a problem with DXKeeper that would not help diagnose the problem. Suggestions?

My original question was about these Qs only. The operation you asked me to run revealed other problem Qs. I was unaware that there were problems with them but heretofore this has not caused any problems. We can let that part go unless I committing irreparable harm.

[...]

FBI Director Orders Review to Seek Out 'Misconduct'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec95fb18e5645fb12a42st02vuc1
Plane Crash Survivor: Here's What Happened
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec95fb1a8da95fb12a42st02vuc2
Fauci Issues Warning About State Lockdowns
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5ec95fb1c4c865fb12a42st02vuc3

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 10:39 AM, Fred - NA2U wrote:

Tried uploading the 60+ Qs again. Same result. None uploaded. I could try uploading the ADIF file directly from TQSL but if there is somehow a problem with DXKeeper that would not help diagnose the problem.

+ Please attach the ADIF file to an email message that specifies the "Station Callsign" specified in the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Fred - NA2U

I checked LOTW before replying below.  No Qs.  I just checked again and find they are uploaded!  I uploaded the ADIF at ~1330 UTC this morning.  Even on busy LOTW days I don't think I've ever waited four hours for completion.

Thanks for your help, Dave!

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 10:57 AM, Fred - NA2U wrote:

I checked LOTW before replying below.  No Qs.  I just checked again and find they are uploaded!  I uploaded the ADIF at ~1330 UTC this morning.  Even on busy LOTW days I don't think I've ever waited four hours for completion.

+ You can check the LoTW Server's processing queue here:

<http://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status>

+ Now on to the other QSOs in your log that have not been accepted by LoTW. Since you've operated with different station callsigns, and possibly from different locations, you'll have to filter the Log Page Display into groups of unaccepted QSO made with the same Station Callsign from the same location, and submit each group with the correct settings in the TQSL tab at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab.

Fred - NA2U

Puzzlement.  I filtered the log again for LotW Sent = 'U'.  The Qs I just uploaded this morning, now appearing in LOTW online, are still shown in the log window.  I also looked at the 43 NA2U/7 Qs from 3/20-21/2016 that were uploaded to LOTW.  Twenty-six of those Qs have been confirmed in LOTW yet they still show on the filtered list.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

[...]

+ Since you made multiple attempts to submit those 60 QSOs to LoTW -- and the reason for this remains unknown -- the usual "invoke
the Sync LoTW QSOs function an hour after submitting your QSOs" may not update your logged QSOs.

+ Filter the Log Page Display to contain those 60 QSOs. Then on the Main window's QSL tab, set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW, and
click the "Update from LoTW" button.