Topics

CQ Marathon Progress Report

Julio Peralta

Today I worked a station I needed for CQ Marathon. I wasn’t 100% sure it was a completed contact because of QRM. I logged the contact and placed an H in the Country Risk block in DXKeeper. Then uploaded the Q to LOTW.

About an hour later I received a LOTW conformation for that Q and now both blocks are showing Y’s. I then did a CQ Marathon Progress Report and find that the QSO for that call and country are still showing H even though conformation for the entry is showing Y.

I also note that in the High Risk CQ Country section of the report the total for countries has not dropped back by one unit.

Shouldn’t the high Risk Country Total have been reduced by one when the conformation was received via LOTW?

BTW I did a recompute for both DXK and SC. No change in the report.

Julio, W4HY

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 1:00 PM Julio Peralta via groups.io
<jperalta4=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Today I worked a station I needed for CQ Marathon. I wasn’t 100% sure it was a completed contact because of QRM. I logged the contact and placed an H in the Country Risk block in DXKeeper. Then uploaded the Q to LOTW.

About an hour later I received a LOTW conformation for that Q and now both blocks are showing Y’s. I then did a CQ Marathon Progress Report and find that the QSO for that call and country are still showing H even though conformation for the entry is showing Y.

I also note that in the High Risk CQ Country section of the report the total for countries has not dropped back by one unit.

Shouldn’t the high Risk Country Total have been reduced by one when the conformation was received via LOTW?
I don't think so. Why would you think that? A QSO may be high risk for
some other reason (e.g. there's some question about the validity of
the operation). If you no longer believe your QSO to be high risk, I
think you should adjust your log accordingly.

73,

~iain / N6ML

Julio Peralta

Thanks for your reply Iain. The reason I brought it up is that I think in past years if you had what was thought to be a high risk Q and it was later confirmed by LOTW the H was changed to an L and the high risk total was reduced by one in the CQ Marathon report.

Julio

[...]

+ The only automation that DXKeeper has offered in this area (and continues to offer) is the "Marathon Submission" panel's "Confirmed QSOs are low risk". With this option enabled, a QSO whose "Marathon Risk" item is unspecified will be considered low risk if it is confirmed via QSL card, LoTW, or eQSL AG.

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#Confirmed%20QSOs%20are%20low%20risk>

+ No version of DXKeeper has ever autonomously altered a logged QSO's "Marathon Risk" item.