Prop View

Joe WB9SBD

I tried to open PV just now and I am getting this error.

What to do to fix?

Joe WB9SBD

Joe WB9SBD

Ok No images,,

It is telling me that it can not download the sunspot numbers from,.....  security problem

Joe WB9SBD

On 4/5/2020 10:56 AM, Joe WB9SBD wrote:
I tried to open PV just now and I am getting this error.

What to do to fix?

Joe WB9SBD

I tried to open PV just now and I am getting this error.

+ Your post did not include an error message. Attachments are not conveyed here.

Ok No images,,

It is telling me that it can not download the sunspot numbers from,..... security problem

+ As a diagnostic step, reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking", and then start PropView. Any change in behavior?

Joe WB9SBD

Same thing

On 4/5/2020 12:50 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Ok No images,,

It is telling me that it can not download the sunspot numbers from,.....  security problem

+ As a diagnostic step, reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking", and then start PropView. Any change in behavior?

* more AA6YQ comments below

Same thing

* That implies that the "security problem" exists at the web site that PropView is consulting to obtain the current sunspot number,
the URL for which you will find in the "Prediction URLs" panel on the Configuration window's Prediction tab.

* My instance of PropView specifies

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt

* and does not report any error.

On 4/5/2020 12:50 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Ok No images,,

It is telling me that it can not download the sunspot numbers from,..... security problem

+ As a diagnostic step, reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking", and then start PropView. Any change in behavior?

Joe WB9SBD

In the error box it is saying the same site..

So huh? Now what?
Joe
WB9SBD

On 4/5/2020 1:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
* more AA6YQ comments below

Same thing

* That implies that the "security problem" exists at the web site that PropView is consulting to obtain the current sunspot number,
the URL for which you will find in the "Prediction URLs" panel on the Configuration window's Prediction tab.

* My instance of PropView specifies

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt

* and does not report any error.

On 4/5/2020 12:50 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

	+ AA6YQ comments below

	Ok No images,,

	It is telling me that it can not download the sunspot numbers from,.....  security problem

	+ As a diagnostic step, reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking", and then start PropView. Any change in behavior?

In the error box it is saying the same site..

So huh? Now what?

+ What happens when you use your web browser to navigate to

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/predicted-sunspot-radio-flux.txt

?

Sherman Banks

I fixed my problem with Propview accessing data by
  • Opening Windows Defender Firewall
  • Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall
  • Change Settings
  • Allow another App...
  • Enter your path to Propview
Reboot the computer.