CQ-WPX-SSB Contest Cabrillo File and Scoring

Jim McPhee

I made exactly 100 QSOs during the 2020 CQ-WPX-SSB contest. My main goal was to add some ATNOs, which I was able to do. I haven't decided if I will submit my results or not. I have two questions:

1. Using the "Export Cabrillo [CQ-WPX-SSB]" option on the "Export QSOs" tab in DXKeeper, the file that is generated seems to contain all of my QSOs logged by DXKeeper since I began using it years ago. It is not limited to those logged only during the contest. Have I missed a switch or setting somewhere? (I've already edited the file, paring it down to only the 100 contest QSOs, so it's not a show stopper. I'd just like to know for future reference.) Each of the QSOs in the file contains the required exchange information.

2. Can someone recommend the best way to calculate my score? Should I import the Cabrillo, or perhaps a ADIF, into a contest logger like N1MM+, or is there a better option?

Thanks,
--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM

Bill Pence

Filter the log to the contest dates before exporting the adif....

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, 2:29 PM Jim McPhee <jmcphee@...> wrote:
[...]

+ As prescribed in step 2 of the " Generating a Cabrillo file From Logged QSOs in DXKeeper" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/Contesting>

+ you must filter the Log Page Display to contain only the QSO from which you wish to generate entries in your Cabrillo file before your export that Cabrillo file.

n4ww austin regal

Generate cabrillo log and send it in. It does its own scoring. Send to email address in cq wpx rules as an attachment.

73 doc n4ww

[...]

Dave,

Thank you for that clarification.
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM
W5ABA

Jim McPhee

Thanks Doc.

As you can tell, I don't do a lot of contesting!
--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM

Jim McPhee