Topics

Trojan

Arthur Petteway

Opened up DXLab and Trojan: Win32/AZden.B!cl pop up.
It only affected Commander and Winwarbler.
Tried to quarantine but each time I would try to open Commander and Winwarbler it would block the process.
Commander and Winwarbler are not installed now. When I try to install through DXLab Launcher  This trojan blocks the process.
Also these two programs are not in Launchers WS.
How can I fix this?

73,
Art WB4MNK

Opened up DXLab and Trojan: Win32/AZden.B!cl pop up.
It only affected Commander and Winwarbler.
Tried to quarantine but each time I would try to open Commander and Winwarbler it would block the process.
Commander and Winwarbler are not installed now. When I try to install through DXLab Launcher This trojan blocks the process.
Also these two programs are not in Launchers WS.

+ That's a false positive; see for yourself:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FalsePositive>

How can I fix this?

+ Contact the provider of your anti-malware application.

Arthur Petteway

Dave,

I am using windows security and was wondering is there another virus scanner I should be using?
Never have contacted Microsoft for anything so not sure how to contact the correct person.
Is there away to use the DXLab program without going to the trouble dealing with Microsoft?

73,
Art WB4MNK

g4wjs

On 17/03/2020 22:47, Arthur Petteway wrote:
Dave,

I am using windows security and was wondering is there another virus scanner I should be using?
Never have contacted Microsoft for anything so not sure how to contact the correct person.
Is there away to use the DXLab program without going to the trouble dealing with Microsoft?

73,
Art WB4MNK
Here you are:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

Bill

G4WJS.

Bob Main

Art I’m using Microsoft security and have had no problems with it fussing about the programs.  If you haven’t you might want to add the DXLab programs to the exclusion list that is part of the security program and that might correct the problem.  Good luck.

73, Bob KB4CL

I am using windows security and was wondering is there another virus scanner I should be using?
Never have contacted Microsoft for anything so not sure how to contact the correct person.
Is there away to use the DXLab program without going to the trouble dealing with Microsoft?

73,
Art WB4MNK

Arthur Petteway

Bob,

If you would direct me to the exclusion list I would appreciate it.

73,
Art WB4MNK

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 03:47 PM, Arthur Petteway wrote:

I am using windows security and was wondering is there another virus scanner I should be using?
Never have contacted Microsoft for anything so not sure how to contact the correct person.
Is there away to use the DXLab program without going to the trouble dealing with Microsoft?

+ Art, if you want to use DXLab applications, you must provide them with a functional instance of Windows. An environment in which applications are randomly removed is not functional.

+ There are many approaches to preventing malware infestations. You are responsible for choosing one, and for ensuring that it is configured correctly. There is plenty of information about this on the internet.

+ As a general rule, you should never rely on an application from an organization from whom you are uncomfortable seeking support.

Arthur Petteway

Dave,

Thank you for the information.
Wish you the best.