Topics

LoTW Confirmed QSOs

Rod Greene

Need a little help regarding LoTW and DXKeeper Codes -

I worked VP8PJ three times, once on each of SSB, CW, and FT8. I logged the Qs and submitted them to LoTW via Keeper. I have recently looked them up on LoTW and they are there showing that I worked them.

I have completed the "Sync" process on Keeper.

However, now when I look at them in Keeper, the fields show as follows:
APP_DXKeeper_LoTW_QSL_SENT = Y
APP_DXKeeper_LoTW_QSL_RCVD = R
APP_DXKeeper_LoTWConfirmation = blank

I looked at the flow chart but didn't understand it in regard to the above. Am I looking at the wrong fields? Why doesn't Keeper show them as Y for RCVD and Confirmed?

Thanks! 73, Rod/w7zrc

ps: Something was asked about this on here a few days ago and I have tried to find it, but no luck.

David Bunte

Rod -

You say you have completed the sync process... but did you sync both LoTW QSOs AND  LoTW QSLs?

If you only synced LoTW QSOs I believe you would see the results you have.

GL de Dave - K9FN

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 9:37 AM Rod Greene via Groups.Io <w7zrc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Need a little help regarding LoTW and DXKeeper Codes -

I worked VP8PJ three times, once on each of SSB, CW, and FT8. I logged the Qs and submitted them to LoTW via Keeper. I have recently looked them up on LoTW and they are there showing that I worked them.

I have completed the "Sync" process on Keeper.

However, now when I look at them in Keeper, the fields show as follows:
APP_DXKeeper_LoTW_QSL_SENT = Y
APP_DXKeeper_LoTW_QSL_RCVD = R
APP_DXKeeper_LoTWConfirmation = blank

I looked at the flow chart but didn't understand it in regard to the above. Am I looking at the wrong fields? Why doesn't Keeper show them as Y for RCVD and Confirmed?

Thanks! 73, Rod/w7zrc

ps: Something was asked about this on here a few days ago and I have tried to find it, but no luck.

Rod Greene

Yes, I did both sync processes as well as I did one manually by right clicking on it.

On Thursday, March 12, 2020, 7:42 AM, David Bunte <dpbunte@...> wrote:

[...]

I think I am near the end of my short list of ideas... but here are two more things to look at:

1:     Make sure the dates under the LoTW sync buttons are the dates on which you invoked those sync actions. If not, click those buttons again and see if the date changes to the current date... if not that is a problem for Dave.

2:     Look at VP8PJ on DXV and see if those three QSOs are still showing 'W', or if they are showing 'C'.

Tha's all I can think of... I am getting curious to find out what is causing the behavior you are seeing, and what the fix will be.

Again... GL de Dave - K9FN

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 9:48 AM Rod Greene via Groups.Io <w7zrc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

ND9G Mike

From the log page display, right click on the QSO and choose Update from LoTW.

Does that change the status?

73,
Mike ND9G

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 8:37 AM Rod Greene via Groups.Io <w7zrc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Need a little help regarding LoTW and DXKeeper Codes -

I worked VP8PJ three times, once on each of SSB, CW, and FT8. I logged the Qs and submitted them to LoTW via Keeper. I have recently looked them up on LoTW and they are there showing that I worked them.

I have completed the "Sync" process on Keeper.

However, now when I look at them in Keeper, the fields show as follows:
APP_DXKeeper_LoTW_QSL_SENT = Y
APP_DXKeeper_LoTW_QSL_RCVD = R
APP_DXKeeper_LoTWConfirmation = blank

I looked at the flow chart but didn't understand it in regard to the above. Am I looking at the wrong fields? Why doesn't Keeper show them as Y for RCVD and Confirmed?

Thanks! 73, Rod/w7zrc

ps: Something was asked about this on here a few days ago and I have tried to find it, but no luck.

From the log page display, right click on the QSO and choose Update from LoTW.

+ After this operation completes, please attach the file

LoTW_UpdateSingle_ADI.txt

+ from DXKeeper's Databases folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ so that I can see what's going on.

ve3ki

"...they are there showing that I worked them": What exactly do you mean by this?

If you log in to LotW, select "Your QSOs" and do a search for your QSOs with VP8PJ, you should see all of the QSOs you uploaded, but is there anything in the "QSL" column? If there isn't anything in the QSL column, VP8PJ has not yet uploaded those QSOs and they are not confirmed in LotW, which would be consistent with the field contents you reported.

If, on the other hand, the "QSL" column contains entries like "SOUTH ORKNEY ISLANDS", then VP8PJ has uploaded those QSOs and they have been confirmed in LotW, in which case the Sync QSLs or Update from LotW should update those fields.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 09:37 AM, Rod Greene wrote:
Need a little help regarding LoTW and DXKeeper Codes -

I worked VP8PJ three times, once on each of SSB, CW, and FT8. I logged the Qs and submitted them to LoTW via Keeper. I have recently looked them up on LoTW and they are there showing that I worked them.

I have completed the "Sync" process on Keeper.

However, now when I look at them in Keeper, the fields show as follows:
APP_DXKeeper_LoTW_QSL_SENT = Y
APP_DXKeeper_LoTW_QSL_RCVD = R
APP_DXKeeper_LoTWConfirmation = blank

I looked at the flow chart but didn't understand it in regard to the above. Am I looking at the wrong fields? Why doesn't Keeper show them as Y for RCVD and Confirmed?

Thanks! 73, Rod/w7zrc

ps: Something was asked about this on here a few days ago and I have tried to find it, but no luck.

Rod Greene

Thanks Rich, That appears to be exactly what is going on. I should have recognized that when I looked at my search in LoTW for those QSOs. ie, they do in fact NOT show anything in the QSL column. So the dxpedition has not uploaded yet.

My mistake - thanks everyone. Super support!

73, Rod/w7zrc

On Thursday, March 12, 2020, 9:03:33 AM MDT, ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:

[...]

+ The file I asked you to send me shows that your QSO has been accepted by LoTW, but not confirmed. Thus the logged QSO status in your initial post below is correct.