REALLY MESSED UP LOG

perry

HI

My call sign recently changed I was Va7fc and now I am ve7dx ... I did the bc qso party contest and up loaded my contest logs to DX ab ... But it didn’t insert station location and put old call ... so I tried to change it to Ve7dx thinking it was just the displayed page .But it wasn’t I changed my entire log to ve7dx and station location !!! I have over 80,000 qsos in the log ... and very dumb me haven’t done a back up since 2018...

So I tried Recovering lost qsos from lotw from the dx lab wiki but it does 10000 errors and stops I believe and it did change the call sign back but not the station location ...

I really screwed this up !!! can you help me please!!

Thank you

Perry VE7DX ...

My call sign recently changed I was Va7fc and now I am ve7dx

+ Instructions for handling this "event" are here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/NewCallsign>

... I did the bc qso party contest and up loaded my contest logs to DX ab ... But it didn’t insert station location and put old call

+ You could have accomplished that by specifying your station callsign in the "Substitution options" panel on the Main window's "Import QSOs" tab.

... so I tried to change it to Ve7dx thinking it was just the displayed page .

+ The first step in the instructions for using the "Modify QSOs" panel to make bulk changes is "backup your log":

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOModifying>

+ Did you do that?

But it wasn’t I changed my entire log to ve7dx and station location !!!

+ Both the step-by-step instructions in the article cited above and the Reference Documentation for the "Modify QSOs" panel state that all QSOs in the Log Page Display will be updated:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/ModifyLog.htm>

I have over 80,000 qsos in the log ... and very dumb me haven’t done a back up since 2018...

So I tried Recovering lost qsos from lotw from the dx lab wiki but it does 10000 errors and stops I believe and it did change the call sign back but not the station location ...

+ Are you referring to this procedure?

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWRecoveringLostQSOs>

+ If so, that would not correct your logged QSOs, it would insert duplicate QSOs into your log.

I really screwed this up !!! can you help me please!!

+ I'll wait for your answers to my questions above before suggesting next steps. In the mean time, I strongly suggest that you take no action other than reading the documentation.

perry

no i didnt back up my log ... i know what a dumb ass ..
yes that was the procedure ... i did do a back up before the lotw procedure but the harm was already done all 80,000 plus logged calls are now ve7dx  and station location royston ... I have chrome remote desktop could you fix it remotely?
thanks Dave
what a mess i made

no i didnt back up my log ... i know what a dumb ass ..
yes that was the procedure ... i did do a back up before the lotw procedure but the harm was already done all 80,000 plus logged calls are now ve7dx and station location royston .

+ Correcting the Station Callsigns en masse is trivial. Eliminating the duplicate QSOs you created by importing QSOs from LoTW, not trivial at all. DXKeeper has a function that will identify all duplicate QSOs, but we need a way to identify which QSO of each duplicate pair to delete. That will take some thinking on my part. So I can better understand the situation, please place your log file in a zip archive, attach the archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

.. I have chrome remote desktop could you fix it remotely?

+ You'll be able to perform the appropriate steps, after I work out what they are.

perry

THANK YOU THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH !!! thanks for fixing my mess you are the best Dave !!! its all back and correct!!

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment below

its all back and correct!!

+ Good! Now be sure to make a backup at least once a week, and retain the last 4 backups. Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button.

+ And before even thinking about using the "Modify QSOs" panel, always make a backup on the spot.

perry

I did make a back up and sent a reminder on my phone 2 back up every month .... thank you ever so much Dave !

+ Good! Now be sure to make a backup at least once a week, and retain the last 4 backups. Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button.

+ And before even thinking about using the "Modify QSOs" panel, always make a backup on the spot.

Al N6TA

Very good advice about backing up the log.  I am not sure how it is configured, but every time I close DXKeeper, it creates a backup.  No effort or need to remember.  It is in the backup Folder and looks like this: N6TA_2020-02-13_06-12-42.mdb.  Dave hour/minute/second

Does everybody get this backup of the log?
73,
Al-N6TA

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 08:06 PM, Al N6TA wrote:
Very good advice about backing up the log.  I am not sure how it is configured, but every time I close DXKeeper, it creates a backup.  No effort or need to remember.  It is in the backup Folder and looks like this: N6TA_2020-02-13_06-12-42.mdb.  Dave hour/minute/second

Does everybody get this backup of the log?

+ That behavior is controlled by the "Backup log on shutdown" option in the Options panel at the top of the Configuration window's General tab.

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Yes. It is part of the design.. You can set which folder but backup will happen. You can also do a manual backup at any time.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 08:06 PM, Al N6TA wrote:

Very good advice about backing up the log.  I am not sure how it is configured, but every time I close DXKeeper, it creates a backup.  No effort or need to remember.  It is in the backup Folder and looks like this: N6TA_2020-02-13_06-12-42.mdb.  Dave hour/minute/second

Does everybody get this backup of the log?

+ That behavior is controlled by the "Backup log on shutdown" option in the Options panel at the top of the Configuration window's General tab.

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop