Topics

6m spotting on ft8

ghassan chammas

Hi all
For some reason I do not see any spots on 6m ft8 50313 nor my posts on the cluster appear on the spot collector. I am able however to see and post on 6m cw and ssb. This is happenning on the spectrum display as well as spot collector.

How can i remedy this issue?

Thank you all
Ghassan
Od5ya
Beirut lebanon

Sent from Samsung tablet.

For some reason I do not see any spots on 6m ft8 50313 nor my posts on the cluster appear on the spot collector. I am able however to see and post on 6m cw and ssb. This is happenning on the spectrum display as well as spot collector.

+ Is the FT8 box checked in SpotCollector's "Mode Filter" window?

ghassan chammas

Yes it is. I receive spots of ft8 and can post spots of ft8 on all bands except 6mts. Other modes are ok on 6mts like ssb and cw (never saw or posted digital or rtty)

Sent from Samsung tablet.

For some reason I do not see any spots on 6m ft8 50313 nor my posts on the cluster appear on the spot collector. I am able however to see and post on 6m cw and ssb. This is happenning on the spectrum display as well as spot collector.

+ Is the FT8 box checked in SpotCollector's "Mode Filter" window?

* more AA6YQ comments below

Yes it is. I receive spots of ft8 and can post spots of ft8 on all bands except 6mts. Other modes are ok on 6mts like ssb and cw (never saw or posted digital or rtty)

* At the bottom of the Configuration window's General tab, "Sub-band Definition" panel specifies a sub-band definition file. When you open this file with a text editor, what 6m sub-bands are defined for FT8?

ghassan chammas

Config of which app's general tab?
I searched text files in the dxlab folder for sub band definition but could not find it.

I found  a bandmode.txt in spotcollector folder it specifies 50300 , 50330, ft8,6m

Ghassan od6ya

Sent from Samsung tablet.

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 01:03 AM, ghassan chammas wrote:

Config of which app's general tab?

+ SpotCollector's

I searched text files in the dxlab folder for sub band definition but could not find it.

I found  a bandmode.txt in spotcollector folder it specifies 50300 , 50330, ft8,6m

+ What file is specified in the "Sub-band definition" panel near the bottom of the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window?

ghassan chammas

C:\DXLab\SpotCollector\BandModes 2017-12-27.txt

this the file name

ghassan

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 6:10:21 PM GMT+3, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

* more AA6YQ comments below

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 01:03 AM, ghassan chammas wrote:

Config of which app's general tab?

+ SpotCollector's

I searched text files in the dxlab folder for sub band definition but could not find it.

I found  a bandmode.txt in spotcollector folder it specifies 50300 , 50330, ft8,6m

+ What file is specified in the "Sub-band definition" panel near the bottom of the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window?

# more AA6YQ comments below

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 09:51 AM, ghassan chammas wrote:

C:\DXLab\SpotCollector\BandModes 2017-12-27.txt

this the file name
# That file specifies

50310,50312,FT8,6M
50312,50314,JT9,6M

# which explains why spots in the 50313 sub-band are not reported as FT8.

# SpotCollector 8.3.4 includes a file named

BandModes 2019-05-02.txt

# that specifies
50310,50313,FT8,6M
50313,50314,JT9,6M

# Before you switch to this file, I encourage you to review all of its sub-band definitions to be sure they meet your needs. You can create your own custom version if desired; see

ghassan chammas

hi dave

i found the file you mentioned in my SC folder. I selected it in the general tab.:   C:\DXLab\SpotCollector\BandModes 2019-05-02.txt

restarted Dxlab, but still the spectrum and the SC do not depict any FT8 spots or stations on 6mts.

regards
ghassan

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 9:06:34 PM GMT+3, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

# more AA6YQ comments below

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 09:51 AM, ghassan chammas wrote:

C:\DXLab\SpotCollector\BandModes 2017-12-27.txt

this the file name
# That file specifies

50310,50312,FT8,6M
50312,50314,JT9,6M

# which explains why spots in the 50313 sub-band are not reported as FT8.

# SpotCollector 8.3.4 includes a file named

BandModes 2019-05-02.txt

# that specifies
50310,50313,FT8,6M
50313,50314,JT9,6M

# Before you switch to this file, I encourage you to review all of its sub-band definitions to be sure they meet your needs. You can create your own custom version if desired; see

ghassan chammas

Note that today i worked 6m ft8 and created 3 spots that did not show on sc nor on the spectrum.
To make sure i did spot them,i logged to dxheat znd my posts were correctly and duly listed.

Ghassan

Sent from Samsung tablet.

[...]

+ Please depress the CTRL key while clicking the X button in the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window. Do 6m FT8 entries appear in the Spot Database Display?

ghassan chammas

YES !!!
JT9 and FT8 appeared both on the spectrum and on SC.

Thank you

ghassan

On Thursday, May 30, 2019, 6:30:44 PM GMT+3, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

i found the file you mentioned in my SC folder. I selected it in the general tab.:  C:\DXLab\SpotCollector\BandModes 2019-05-02.txt

restarted Dxlab, but still the spectrum and the SC do not depict any FT8 spots or stations on 6mts.

+ Please depress the CTRL key while clicking the X button in the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window. Do 6m FT8 entries appear in the Spot Database Display?

# more AA6YQ comments below

YES !!!

JT9 and FT8 appeared both on the spectrum and on SC.

# That means your filtering was previously hiding those active stations. Take a careful look at your Band and Mode filter windows.