Topics

Pathfinder frozen

Another question if this is an IE problem why can I open IE and use it but not when it is open in Pathfinder??

+ There are many differences, like the name of the .exe file -- which is what anti-malware monitor.

Kent Olsen

Another question if this is an IE problem why can I open IE and use it but not when it is open in Pathfinder??

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 3:02 PM Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@...> wrote:
Dave
I cannot be sure when this behavior started. I don't typically use Pathfinder, it starts and it is open on 1 of my 4 monitors. The only way I noticed was I saw something that interested me on a QRZ page so I went to look at it and it would not scroll. As I said it is not like the page is unuseable. The next spot I click on it changes to that call but is still frozen. I can't even grab the window and move it.

Hardware changes none. Software changes many.

I will have to check to see how long it typically takes.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 10:17 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Several times.

+ When did this freezing behavior first begin? What changes did you make to your hardware or software around that time?

+ How long does it typically take for Pathfinder to freeze after you start it?

Kent Olsen

[...]

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 9:27 AM Gilbert Baron W0MN <w0mn00@...> wrote:

All I can say is good luck with event logs. They are really impossible to make sense of for most. You may see an event (maybe MANY) around the time of the freeze but understanding what it means is another matter.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb