Topics

Loss of xmit control in Commander

BILL KENNAMER

Has anyone with an FTDX101 noticed that one cannot click on the PTT TX button and have the xcvr respond?

I normally use a foot switch on SSB, so haven’t noticed this before. It seems to affect WSJT when using DX Commander as a radio choice. It will not go into XMIT.

I tried my FT1000MP, and it works normally.

Has anyone with an FTDX101 noticed that one cannot click on the PTT TX button and have the xcvr respond?

I normally use a foot switch on SSB, so haven’t noticed this before. It seems to affect WSJT when using DX Commander as a radio choice. It will not go into XMIT.

+ That's the result of a defect in Commander 14.4.0 inadvertently introduced when I updated the Radios.txt file to add the Main and Sub buttons. To work around it

1. terminate Commander

2. using Windows Explorer, navigate to your Commander folder

3. delete the existing file named Radios.txt

4. download the file from

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Radios.txt

and save it in your Commander folder

5. start Commander 14.4.0

+ Can you now switch between RX and TX using the buttons in Commander's PTT panel?

BILL KENNAMER

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 7:24 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Has anyone with an FTDX101 noticed that one cannot click on the PTT TX button and have the xcvr respond?

I normally use a foot switch on SSB, so haven’t noticed this before. It seems to affect WSJT when using DX Commander as a radio choice. It will not go into XMIT.

+ That's the result of a defect in Commander 14.4.0 inadvertently introduced when I updated the Radios.txt file to add the Main and Sub buttons. To work around it

1. terminate Commander

2. using Windows Explorer, navigate to your Commander folder

3. delete the existing file named Radios.txt

4. download the file from

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Radios.txt

and save it in your Commander folder

5. start Commander 14.4.0

+ Can you now switch between RX and TX using the buttons in Commander's PTT panel?

Fixed!

+ Thanks for the testing and the report, Bill!