Topics

Awards Tracking / Progress Report H26

HB9BUN

Hi,
is it possible that I can configure myself or get a H26 award tracking feature? The award tracking actually needs just to evaluate the primary administrative subdivision (cantons) of Swiss stations per band and mode.

https://www.uska.ch/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Reglement_Diplome_HB9OCR-v1.1.pdf

Sure I can copy the canton info to a user field and then work and use the USER progress report. Still it would be nice to have this a bit more sophisticated to track per band and modes. Maybe I just missed an existing feature for awards tracking based on "prim sub" or "sec sub".

73, hny Peter - HB9BUN

is it possible that I can configure myself or get a H26 award tracking feature? The award tracking actually needs just to evaluate the primary administrative subdivision (cantons) of Swiss stations per band and mode.

https://www.uska.ch/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Reglement_Diplome_HB9OCR-v1.1.pdf

Sure I can copy the canton info to a user field and then work and use the USER progress report. Still it would be nice to have this a bit more sophisticated to track per band and modes. Maybe I just missed an existing feature for awards tracking based on "prim sub" or "sec sub".

+ Peter, you are the first and only operator in the last 20 years to request support for this award. For now, I suggest that you

1. backup your log

2. filter the Log Page Display to contain only your QSOs with Swiss stations

3. use the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's "Modify QSOs" panel to copy each QSO's STATE item to its APP_DXKEEPER_USER_DEFINED_O item "en masse"

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/ModifyLog.htm>

4. employ the User button in the "Other progress reports" panel on the Main window's "Check Progress" tab to see Mixed progress; to see by-band and by-mode progress, filter the Log Page Display appropriately before clicking the User button.

+ You can setup a script to perform steps 2 through 4, including generating the mixed progress report and the by-band and by-mode progress reports. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Scripts.htm>

+ If more interest is expressed in this award, I'll add direct report generation for it to DXKeeper's enhancement list.

HB9BUN

Hello Dave
many thanks for your prompt feedback. I somehow missed the message. Digging for scripts I found it only now. Your comment on me being the first ham requesting such award support is though a little surprise to me, as the award is supported in other loggers, maybe more locally oriented, very often. Maybe simple workarounds exporting the logs are the reason for this lack of interest. I will myself ask other DXLab users here and the award manager for their view.

I tried to find a generic template for a script for progress reports as for the DXCC that I could adapt. Or for a script and reports library for DXKeeper and surprisingly was not successful.
73, Peter - HB9BUN

Am 01.01.2020 um 23:17 schrieb Dave AA6YQ:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ DXKeeper provides progress reports for 33 awards, plus the ability to generate a progress reports based on a user-defined item. Though many of these progress reports support awards that are based on primary and secondary subdivisions, there are significant differences among them that prevent a "generic" report from being useful, When there has been significant interest in an award expressed here, I've simply extended DXKeeper to generate a progress report for it. Many of the progress reports generated from buttons in the "Other progress reports" panel on the Main window's "Check Progress" tab came into existence through that progress.

[...]

Sure, I am working/playing with these reports a lot. Addicted to unreasonable tracking of progress after every QSO, i just missed the easy way to do so. Also I think that offering a nicely prepared progress report is the best "marketing" for our Swiss award.
As mentioned I will connect with other Swiss or interested users and the award manager and then come back.

73, Peter - HB9BUN

Am 02.07.2020 um 08:43 schrieb Dave AA6YQ:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ That's fine, but I serve the DXLab User Community, not award sponsors. As you can see from the enhancement logs
in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#AvailableReleases>

+ there are many requested extensions. I generally prioritize my efforts by considering the value of a proposed extension and the fraction of the user community likely to benefit from that value.

HB9BUN

Hi Dave

Fully understand and appreciate it a lot. If I am alone in the user community with this requirement for sure I understand. It is just a little surprise to me.

73, Peter

+ AA6YQ comments below