Topics

Color code confusion and how to determine which are needed

Gilbert Baron W0MN

In the settings for color it has many options and it says they cam be turned on or off. It also has  f/g in each choice. What do they mean?

I am confused about decode coloring.

Settings are Red My call in message red  and CQ green

I am using DXLABS DXKEEPER or logging and this is working.

I am using Spot Collector for spotting and that is working with WSJTX as only spot source.

The main thing I need to know is who to call to advance award seeking.

I have DXLABS SPOT COLLECTOR running with ONLY WSJTX as a spot source.

I have Real Time Award Tracking turned on and have done recompute and have only DIGITAL seeking set on.

I can make lots of contacts with no trouble but am confused as how to determine which station to call if I wat only a needed station.

When running I get Green call coloring when a CQ is decoded and Red for My call in message.

      WHAT is that red trying to tell me?

When running program I get

     White Background

    Green for a station doing a CQ

               WHAT DOES THE WHITE MEAN

The most important question is the call coloring. On decoded calls I get The CALL ITSELF

      Green  I assume that is a station calling CQ

      Red                  What does this mean ?

     Yellow              What does this mean ?

     Grey                 What does this mean ?

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

d_ziolkowski

Why not use jtalert? IMHO much easier. Dan kc2sta

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019, 09:53 Gilbert Baron W0MN <w0mn00@...> wrote:

[...]

Using JTALERT is not as functional as SC and you have to import your log from DXLABS to get all and it also leads to having logs in 2 places that may or may not be up to date. In my opinion using DXLAB to log and to be the only log is much safer. If I use the function to log to DXKEEPER I am sure I have all and I have all in one place.  Launcher also makes starting a session easier and you can have different setups by having different workspaces.

[...]

g4wjs

On 30/12/2019 18:39, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:
Using JTALERT is not as functional as SC and you have to import your log from DXLABS to get all and it also leads to having logs in 2 places that may or may not be up to date.
Gil,

that is not correct. Both JTAlert and DX Lab Suite provide integrated DX chasing using WSJT-X by querying your DXKeeper log, they both have their pros and cons, you need to evaluate each one and decide which provides the best match for your needs. Your basic misunderstanding of how your log is queried by these applications shows that you have not done this.

You also refer to to the decode highlighting provided directly by WSJT-X in you OP above, that is another more basic option that uses your WSJT-X log file to determine what you have already worked. The WSJT-X highlighting is a stand alone solution and probably not the best option if you are using DX Lab Suite as your main station log.

Bill

G4WJS.

g4wjs

On 30/12/2019 18:46, g4wjs wrote:
[...]

Have you read and understood this document:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes>

Bill

G4WJS.

In the settings for color it has many options and it says they cam be turned on or off. It also has f/g in each choice. What do
they mean? I am confused about decode coloring.

+ If you've configured DXLab and WSJT-X to interoperate directly, as described in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect>

+ Then you should follow the instructions in the "Installing and Configuring WSJT-X" section of that article, specifically step 7
which says

"In the Settings window's Colors tab's Decode Highlighting panel,
- Check the My Call in message box (at the top)
- Check the Transmitted message box (at the bottom)
- Uncheck all other boxes"

+ Assuming you haven't altered the default colors used in WSJT-X, that will highlight any report containing your callsign in red,
and any message you transmit in yellow.

+ All other coloring of callsigns decoded by WSJT-X will be colored by DXLab using the same coloring scheme used in the Spot
Database Display to identify callsigns with whom a confirmed QSO would advance your progress towards DXCC, IOTA, Leaderboard, VUCC,
WAS, WAZ, and WPX based on the award objectives specified on the Award tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window -- the same award
objectives that drive all functions of all DXLab applications using the same Realtime Award Tracking mechanism used by all DXLab
applications. Participation in LoTW and eQSL AG is also depicted using the same background color scheme that is used in DXLab
applications. See this screen shot:

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/Wiki/Graphics/SpotCollector/WSJTX.jpg>

+ Say your only DXCC goal is "Mixed DXCC", you haven't yet worked India, and you log a CW QSO with India in DXKeeper; the font color
of the callsigns of any Indian stations shown in WSJT-X would immediately change from red (unworked) to blue (worked but not
confirmed) - without you having to initiate recomputation or export/import a file.

+ When configured to directly interoperate with DXLab, WSJT-X functions as if it were a member of the DXLab Suite - with one
exception: when you double-click the Spot Database Entry for a station operating in a K1JT mode like FT8 or FT4, you must click the
Tx1 button in WSJT-X before you can direct WSJT-X to begin transmitting on a clear frequency; hopefully this deficiency will be
corrected in a future version of WSJT-X.

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I have read it and been working with it. I just need to put more time in. I will get it sooner or later. There are a large number of options for sure.

One decision I have made is that I am going to stick with DXLABS modules as much as possible. I am not home now so it will be a bit before I get back to it.

[...]

Thanks for your time. I have been spending some more time on this and think
it is becoming more clear. I certainly am going to stick with as many DXLAB
modules as possible. I Set my tracking to only look for Digital and that
gets a lot of limes off of SC and saved settings to a workspace. I then have
one workspace for general all mode all band operation and one just for FT8.
With my limited antenna setup I will probably spend most time trying to get
needed for some digital awards and use the other settings for general
operation.

One problem is that it is hard for me to read the lines om SC o the second
monitor which is old and probably needs replacement. Small fonts are nearly
impossible for my reading so I have to set bigger fonts and have fewer lines
in order to read the text, especially the text under some of the colors. My
next equipment should be another new bigger high contrast monitor for sure.

There is a lot of documentation to read but that is a good thing, I should
have spent a bit more time before asking for this help but I thank you for
[...]

Jon KM8V

I, for one, would love the ability to do more with colors in the SpotCollector display.

I don't have much use for the background colors as-is. The ability to apply arbitrary foreground / background colors by different criteria or even SQL filters would be awesome.

For example, I'd love to be able to have an ATNO show up with a bold purple background and white bolded foreground if one shows up the list, regardless of what other filters are applied to the list.

I understand that it may be non-trivial to implement, but just sharing my thought.

73 de KM8V

I, for one, would love the ability to do more with colors in the SpotCollector display.

I don't have much use for the background colors as-is. The ability to apply arbitrary foreground / background colors by different criteria or even SQL filters would be awesome.

For example, I'd love to be able to have an ATNO show up with a bold purple background and white bolded foreground if one shows up the list, regardless of what other filters are applied to the list.

I understand that it may be non-trivial to implement, but just sharing my thought.

+ It would be straightforward to implement, difficult to document, difficult to use, and a nightmare to support.