Topics

Pre-recorded icom 7300 messages

ghassan chammas

Hi Dave
I have recorded 10 messages on my icom 7300 to be used in contests and dxing. I access them directly from the radio.
Is there a way to program the commander to access them through it? Like a sequence or a button macro?

Thank you very much
Happy new year
Ghassan
Od5ya

Sent from Samsung tablet.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow
I have recorded 10 messages on my icom 7300 to be used in contests and dxing. I access them directly from the radio.
Is there a way to program the commander to access them through it? Like a sequence or a button macro?

+ Take a look at the "CI-V instructions" section of your IC-7300 instruction manual. Do you see CI-V instructions that when sent to the 7300 direct it to send a precorded message?

ghassan chammas

Hi Dave,
From what I could understand from the 4 pages of CI-V commands, I could not find any thing like "TX mem 01 content" at all.
which brings me to understand that it is not possible to have a command on commander to activate this feature.

however, there could be a possible way to record on command itself and find a way to send this voice clip to the radio and transmit it. could not there?

regards

ghassan
od5ya

On Saturday, December 28, 2019, 10:08:00 PM GMT+2, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow
I have recorded 10 messages on my icom 7300 to be used in contests and dxing. I access them directly from the radio.
Is there a way to program the commander to access them through it? Like a sequence or a button macro?

+ Take a look at the "CI-V instructions" section of your IC-7300 instruction manual. Do you see CI-V instructions that when sent to the 7300 direct it to send a precorded message?

From what I could understand from the 4 pages of CI-V commands, I could not find any thing like "TX mem 01 content" at all.
which brings me to understand that it is not possible to have a command on commander to activate this feature.

however, there could be a possible way to record on command itself and find a way to send this voice clip to the radio and transmit it. could not there?

+ WinWarbler has long provided the ability to transmit pre-recorded .wav files in response to commands in macros that you direct it to execute. The reference documentation is here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/Help/Phone.htm>

+ Step-by-step instructions are here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/Phone_Operation>

Andrew OBrien

I think it should be possible to find a command that would do this since I think I have seen this feature in other software . I will take a look and see if the sequence is readily available .
Andy K3UK

Andy

On Dec 28, 2019, at 9:12 AM, ghassan chammas via Groups.Io <ac2ra@...> wrote:

Hi Dave
I have recorded 10 messages on my icom 7300 to be used in contests and dxing. I access them directly from the radio.
Is there a way to program the commander to access them through it? Like a sequence or a button macro?

Thank you very much
Happy new year
Ghassan
Od5ya

Sent from Samsung tablet.

ND9G Mike

This may or may not be what you're looking for, but the guys over at N1MM figured out how to utilize the voice memories from the 7300 via CAT command. It is not documented by Icom, but N1MM added a section to their 7300 interface instructions.

Perhaps those CAT commands would be helpful for what you're attempting to do.

Here's a link to their help file, with the contents below it, in case they change the location in the future.

----------------------
  • To play an internal voice (DVK) message, program function key or Bandmap button with the CatMacro below. Pressing the ESC key will stop a voice message. There is no need to program a STOP command. These commands work, but they are undocumented for the IC-7300. Thus, there are no guarantees that they will work. Be sure you are running the latest firmware update. They were tested with V1.20 of the firmware.
    • Voice Message1 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 01 FD}
    • Voice Message2 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 02 FD}
    • Voice Message3 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 03 FD}
    • Voice Message4 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 04 FD}
    • Voice Message5 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 05 FD}
    • Voice Message6 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 06 FD}
    • Voice Message7 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 07 FD}
    • Voice Message8 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 08 FD}
    • Stop Voice Message = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 00 FD} (programmed into the ESC key)
  • Note: The CatMacro command can be entered with or without spaces:
    • {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 01 FD} or {CAT1Hex FEFE94E0280001FD}
  • -------------------------

    73,
    Mike ND9G

    On Dec 28, 2019, at 9:12 AM, ghassan chammas via Groups.Io <ac2ra=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

    Hi Dave
    I have recorded 10 messages on my icom 7300 to be used in contests and dxing. I access them directly from the radio.
    Is there a way to program the commander to access them through it? Like a sequence or a button macro?

    Thank you very much
    Happy new year
    Ghassan
    Od5ya

    Sent from Samsung tablet.

    ghassan chammas

    Wow
    I hope it works. I shall test and revert back.
    Regards
    Od5ya
    Ghassan

    Sent from Samsung tablet.

[...]

    and I can confirm that Icom's remote software , RSBA1, does have a client side feature that allows the user to "play" the recorded voice.  So I am assuming the HEX commands do exist somewhere.
    Andy K3UK

    ghassan chammas

    Hi Mike
    Hi dave

    I programmed the commander to run: FE FE 94 E0 28 00 01 FD   without the CAT1Hex line. I have many sequences and buttons programmed as such, it did not work. The radio just did not feel the command.
    I have my radio connected to PC via usb cable and commander of dxlab is in charge and working perfectly.

    I understand and appreciate the "disclaimer" that this might not work, but I wonder if it worked with N1MM (I do not use it), why should it not work with commander? --> I think I am missing an intermediate command to make it work. \\regards
    HNY dxlab and dx community
    god bless you all
     od5ya
    Ghassan

    -------------------------

[...]

    Bill Pence

    I think you missed the radio cat address as the way byte..
    I think it is 94

    You did not have a byte for CAT1hex in the n1mm sequence

    On Mon, Dec 30, 2019, 5:59 AM ghassan chammas via Groups.Io <ac2ra=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

    Scott

    I successfully have used the commands in N1MM as well as the DXLabs.

    ghassan chammas

    I would truly apreciate if you send me the sequence file (only one for any message). I was unable to get any results myself in dxlab

    Regards
    Hny
    Od5ya
    Ghassan

    Sent from Samsung tablet.

    I successfully have used the commands in N1MM as well as the DXLabs.