Topics

Commander Help needed for ICOM (TUNE Button)

W8DSB

Trying to setup my 7610 to tune using a Sequences. Every command seems to work on its own but when running them together it fails to turn the power back up. I tried installing a "wait" with no help.

TUNE MAIN VFO

<led red>
Select Main VFO
FEFE<CIV>E007D0FD
Set Power 35 %
FEFE<CIV>E0140A0090FD
Turn Tuner Off
FEFE<CIV>E01C0100FD
Turn Tuner On
FEFE<CIV>E01C0101FD
Tune Tuner
FEFE<CIV>E01C0102FD
Wait
<wait>
Tuned!!!
<led green>
Set Power 85 %
FEFE<CIV>E0140A0219FD
<END>

Trying to setup my 7610 to tune using a Sequences. Every command seems to work on its own but when running them together it fails to turn the power back up. I tried installing a "wait" with no help.

+ <wait> only inserts one "command interval" of wait time. Try inserting ten <wait> instructions. Any difference in behavior?

TUNE MAIN VFO

<led red>
Select Main VFO
FEFE<CIV>E007D0FD
Set Power 35 %
FEFE<CIV>E0140A0090FD
Turn Tuner Off
FEFE<CIV>E01C0100FD
Turn Tuner On
FEFE<CIV>E01C0101FD
Tune Tuner
FEFE<CIV>E01C0102FD
Wait
<wait>
Tuned!!!
<led green>
Set Power 85 %
FEFE<CIV>E0140A0219FD
<END>

W8DSB

After 20x <wait> it worked.... is there a <wait,20> command?
Is there a way to ask the radio if its back in standby before moving forward?
My tuner is fast but there are times where it might take extra time.

After 20x <wait> it worked.... is there a <wait,20> command?

+ No: there has been no previously-identified need. The number of <wait> instructions required will vary as a function of the Command Interval you've specified.

Is there a way to ask the radio if its back in standby before moving forward?
My tuner is fast but there are times where it might take extra time.

+ Does the Icom 7610's CI-V instruction set include a way to "test" the tuner to determine if it's completed its last operation?

+ What is the worst case amount of time that Icom states the tuner might take to complete an operation?