Topics

Post conversation questions

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

Ok. I found it. I should have remembered. It is over the ET7L expedition not being accepted by the ARRL and Being dropped from the Club Log totals.

+ Great. Set that QSO's "QSL Rcvd" item to 'I', and it won't be considered for DXCC awards.

73,

Dave, Aa6YQ

Bryce K7UA

Ok.  I found it.  I should have remembered.  It is over the ET7L expedition not being accepted by the ARRL and Being dropped from the Club Log totals.  My error. Thanks again.

Thank you Dave for the warm welcome. I’m struggling with a new unfamiliar software product

+ This is a common phenomenon. You've likely been using LOGic for so long that you have to think about the keystrokes and mouse gestures required to make it do what you want. Attempting to instantly master all of DXLab's capabilities to the same level of "automatic usage" will lead to frustration. Instead, I suggest that you take it slowly, focusing on one DXLab application at a time until you've master the subset of its functionality you deem essential to your DXing. Most users in similar circumstances report taking a month or three to get to a point where they're as comfortable with DXLab as they were with their previous application.

+ Take a look at

< https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SwitchingToDXKeeper>

,but in spite of that I’m extremely impressed with DX Labs. My reasoning as to narrowing the issue to deleted was that the band totals are correct, but the Challenge total is +1. (My old program’s Challenge totals and Club Log matched.) My actual deleteds were deducted correctly. I will take your suggestions and work it out.

+ Let me know if you need help. If you can't find the discrepancies, I'll be happy to take a look at your log file.

Bryce K7UA

Thank you Dave for the warm welcome.  I’m struggling with a new unfamiliar software product, but in spite of that I’m  extremely impressed with DX Labs.  My reasoning as to narrowing the issue to deleted was that the band totals are correct, but the Challenge total is +1.  (My old program’s Challenge totals and Club Log matched.) My actual deleteds were deducted correctly.  I will take your suggestions and work it out.

Hi. I’m new to DX Labs

+ Welcome to DXLab, Bryce!

+ For those who don't recognize his callsign, Bryce is the other of "The New DXer's Handbook", which is available for free via

<http://www.k7ua.com/uploads/4/9/9/0/4990079/new_dxers_handbook_second_edition_01-29-2015_optimized.pdf>

just converting my 90k+ log over from Logic9. I’m a DXCC Honor Roll DXer and my log is complicated. I was relieved that the total country and band totals came out correctly, but two bands and the digital mode are over by one as confirmed by Club Log in the Challenge totals. DX Labs seems to be giving me credit for a deleted country in those cases, but review of my deleted countries doesn’t show it.

+ Which "counts" are off: worked entities, confirmed entities, or DXCC credits granted?

+ What leads you to conclude that deleted entities might be the problem?

Minor, but I would like to resolve it.

+ Certainly. Of the two bands and digital modes, which of the three has the fewest unworked or unconfirmed entities? I suggest focusing on that category first: identify the unworked or unconfirmed entities reported for that category by Club Log, and compare that with the unworked or unconfirmed entities for that category reported by DXKeeper.

+ To quickly see the number of unworked or unconfirmed entities in a category, click the RAT button on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab (Just above the Log Page Display). In the "Realtime Award Tracking" window that appears, select the DXCC tab. This tab's "Award Progress Filter" panel makes it easy to see check the unworked, worked-or-worked-and-requested-but-confirmed, confirmed, and verified (award credit granted) counts by band or by mode.

+ For a description of this "Award Progress Filter" panel's operation, See the 8th paragraph in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Progress.htm#Checking%20and%20Analyzing%20DXCC%20Progress>

+ If you have questions about this, don't hesitate to post them here.

Bryce K7UA

Hi.  I’m new to DX Labs just converting my 90k+ log over from Logic9.  I’m a DXCC Honor Roll DXer and my log is complicated.  I was relieved that the total country and band totals came out correctly, but two bands and the digital mode are over by one as confirmed by Club Log in the Challenge totals.  DX Labs seems to be giving me credit for a deleted country in those cases, but review of my deleted countries doesn’t show it.  Minor, but I would like to resolve it.  I’m going to break up my other questions so that this doesn’t get much too long.  Thank you.