Topics

DXK Log not remembering display panels on exit and load

wb6bee

I set up my DXK log display to show Only the User Defined Panel.    I have only the User Defined Panel checked in the Configuration.    I exit DXK and when it returns, it has the QSL, AUX panel and the User Defined Panel display,   It completely changes the configuration on the monitor.   I check configuration and it has checked the QSL, AUX and the User Panels in Configuration, by itself.

Up until recently, it remembered it's display format and would load in the format that it exited.

Cannot find the problem

Don
WB6BEE

Rod Greene

Same thing happened to me. Somewhere there's a Broke Logged QSO in your log that needs one or more fields corrected. A "Broke" QSO record will cause panels to appear so that it may be edited and corrected. When you have zero Broke records those panels will not appear unless they are checked.

GL and 73, Rod/w7zrc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 6:40:47 AM MST, wb6bee <wb6bee@...> wrote:

I set up my DXK log display to show Only the User Defined Panel.    I have only the User Defined Panel checked in the Configuration.    I exit DXK and when it returns, it has the QSL, AUX panel and the User Defined Panel display,   It completely changes the configuration on the monitor.   I check configuration and it has checked the QSL, AUX and the User Panels in Configuration, by itself.

Up until recently, it remembered it's display format and would load in the format that it exited.

Cannot find the problem

Don
WB6BEE

DAVID BERNHEISEL

Check each of those panels for a flashing blue or red label.  DXK uses this to alert you to missing or invalid values in the field whose label is flashing.  If you find and correct the data, the extra panels will not display automatically.

73

Dave, N2DPF

On 11/27/2019 7:40 AM, wb6bee wrote:
I set up my DXK log display to show Only the User Defined Panel.    I have only the User Defined Panel checked in the Configuration.    I exit DXK and when it returns, it has the QSL, AUX panel and the User Defined Panel display,   It completely changes the configuration on the monitor.   I check configuration and it has checked the QSL, AUX and the User Panels in Configuration, by itself.

Up until recently, it remembered it's display format and would load in the format that it exited.

Cannot find the problem

Don
WB6BEE

Rod Greene

Forgot to add - To find the Broke record(s) click on the "Broke" log filter button at the bottom of the log display. The Broke record(s) will appear and you can edit them. -Rod

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 6:45:22 AM MST, Rod Greene via Groups.Io <w7zrc@...> wrote:

[...]

One more oddity.    Using the capture window, I put in a call that I have worked before, hit clear and the log display goes back to the User panel only.   If I put in a call I haven't worked before and hit clear, it self adds the QSL and AUX panel.

I am checking the "broke" fields now.

Don

wb6bee

Broke seems to fine chinese contacts and the province is blinking.  I have no idea how to find what province they are in.  Plus that is on the AWard panel, not the AUX or QSL panel that seem to reappear.

Don

wb6bee

Actually, this is ridiculous.   I have hundreds of Broke QSOs where there is a period or double states in the Country Field.  A field I never put anything in.    This would take hours.

Don

g4wjs

On 27/11/2019 14:05, wb6bee wrote:
Actually, this is ridiculous.   I have hundreds of Broke QSOs where there is a period or double states in the Country Field.  A field I never put anything in.    This would take hours.

Don
Hi Don,

if you are not interested in the validity of secondary geopolitical entities in DXKeeper you can uncheck the "DXKeeper->Config->Awards->Other Awards->Subdivision validity checking". DXKeeper applies a high premium to the accuracy of logged information but you have option to adapt that to your preferences in cases like this.

Bill

G4WJS.

wb6bee

I didn't know that you could do that.   Still not sure where you find the province in China.

Regardless, I have gone through the list.    Most were a period in the County or Country Field.

Upon completion, as noted herein. DXK is returning only the the panels I have check.

thanks for the input

Don
WB6BEE

One more oddity. Using the capture window, I put in a call that I have worked before, hit clear and the log display goes back to the User panel only. If I put in a call I haven't worked before and hit clear, it self adds the QSL and AUX panel.

+ Which items have blinking captions in the QSL and Auxiliary panels?

Broke seems to fine chinese contacts and the province is blinking. I have no idea how to find what province they are in.

+ You can ignore them, or clear the province item.

Actually, this is ridiculous. I have hundreds of Broke QSOs where there is a period or double states in the Country Field. A field I never put anything in. This would take hours.

+ If you don't care to correct you invalid primary and secondary subdivision items, uncheck the "Subdivision validity checking" box in the "Other Awards" panel on the Configuration window's Awards tab; then DXKeeper will stop considering QSOs with invalid primary and secondary subdivision items to be broken.

+ Reminder: you logged or imported the invalid data.

I didn't know that you could do that. Still not sure where you find the province in China.

+ The two best sources:

1. your QSO partner, during the QSO

2. the QSL card you received from your QSO partner after the QSO