Contest Field Mapping #poll

Lance Ferguson

Forgive me if this is documented somewhere.  I looked but couldn't figure it out.  Please just point me in the right direction and I'm happy to do my own reading and study.

I'm fairly new to contesting and completely new to DXKeeper.  One of the reasons I don't do much with contesting is that submitting logs seems to be a real challenge.  I ran into that this weekend with the ARRL Sweepstakes.  I participated in a limited way, mostly because it was a good way to test a new long wire antenna.  I made calls on 20,40, and 80 with a non-contest call on 160.  Fair enough, learned what I needed to know for this weekend.

Since I only had three contest QSOs it also seemed like a good time to work out getting the log submitted.  When you're learning a d new database, three QSOs is a lot easier to manage than hundreds, or thousands, right?  So I did some research and selected DXKeeper to be my log program since it can output Cabrillo format.  Fair enough.

Here's where the problem showed up.  I couldn't figure out how to map several of the fields to output what the contest wanted.  I understood Serial Sent and Serial Received as tx# and rx# but couldn't figure out how to get prec, check, and sec entered, even using the ARRL-SS-SB template under the Config->Contest tab.  I'm guessing tx info and rx info for part of it but how do I determine the order it outputs?  And where do the other fields not covered by tx #, rx #, tx info, and rx info get entered?

Sorry if this is terribly basic but I'm not seeing it.  Thanks for the help.

73

Lance

WU0Q

[...]

+ See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Contesting.htm>

+ Note that DXKeeper is explicitly not a contesting application, lacking essential capabilities like realtime scoring and SO2R support. DXKeeper's contesting support enables DXers participating in contests in search of "new ones" to accurately issue and record exchanges, and submit generated Cabrillo files.

+ Many contesters employ N1MM during contests, with logged QSOs conveyed to DXKeeper in real time as they are logged, or en masse at the end of each contest; see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/N1MM-DXKeeper/index.htm>

Lance Ferguson

Good to know.  Thanks for the links, I can investigate further.

And in truth, I don't do a lot of contesting.  I enjoy it when I can do it but I'm not terribly serious about it.  Just fun to see where I can get out to.  And the higher capabilities, like rig control and the like are well beyond my shack at the moment.

This is a good start, thanks again!
Lance
WU0Q