applications is quite powerful, but at the cost of complexity for the
user.

~iain / N6ML

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 10:41 AM Dave Tucker Nu4N <@DWT> wrote:

I am not very savy about SQL. Could someone know of a tutorial how to
write SQL
There's some introductory information at https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/SQL.htm

SQL is a programming language - not really intended for end-user consumption (in general). Exposure through the DXLab Suite applications is quite powerful, but at the cost of complexity for the user.

+ One of the things that has surprised and pleased me over the course of developing and supporting DXLab is the extent to which ops without computing backgrounds have been able to effectively use SQL, to the point where some are now confidently and accurately responding to SQL questions here.

+ DXLab only makes a portion of SQL available to users: specifying expressions that can "filter" DXKeeper's Log Page Display or SpotCollector's Spot Database Display to show a desired subset of logged QSOs or active DX stations respectively. This portion of SQL is readily accessible to anyone willing to make a modest effort. Note that filtering with SQL expressions is completely non-destructive: they won't delete logged QSOs or active DX stations, no matter what you do. Worst case, you'll have to click the Filter panel's X button to eliminate all filtering so you can again see all of your logged QSOs or all active DX stations.

+ As with all DXLab topics, questions about SQL are welcome here, no matter how many times they have already been asked and answered, or how obvious the answers may be in the documentation.

(NAME='Dave') and (CALL='AA6YQ') /*anyone can read SQL*/