Topics

DXKeeper Log Panels

Rod Greene
 

I'm sure this is a simple thing but  one I cannot seem to find -

When I open DXK via Launcher, three panels open: QSO; Auxiliary; and QSL.

I only want QSO and Aux to open. I have saved my desired panel settings in the Config menu but the three still open instead of just two.

What am I missing? TIA,

73, Rod/w7zrc

ND9G Mike
 

You shouldn't need to do anything, but uncheck all of the boxes of the sections you don't want displayed. The check boxes are to the right of the QSO details panel. For your configuration, you'll want to uncheck all except Auxiliary. The QSo details are always visible.

73,
Mike ND9G


On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 4:59 PM Rod Greene via Groups.Io <w7zrc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm sure this is a simple thing but  one I cannot seem to find -

When I open DXK via Launcher, three panels open: QSO; Auxiliary; and QSL.

I only want QSO and Aux to open. I have saved my desired panel settings in the Config menu but the three still open instead of just two.

What am I missing? TIA,

73, Rod/w7zrc

Jeff WB9DAR
 

Hey Rod
If you look at the upper right side of dxkeeper, you’ll see for buttons (for lack of a better word). Check the buttons/panels you want and uncheck the ones you don’t want. 
Hope that helps. 

73 Jeff WB9DAR

On Nov 11, 2019, at 4:59 PM, Rod Greene via Groups.Io <w7zrc@...> wrote:


I'm sure this is a simple thing but  one I cannot seem to find -

When I open DXK via Launcher, three panels open: QSO; Auxiliary; and QSL.

I only want QSO and Aux to open. I have saved my desired panel settings in the Config menu but the three still open instead of just two.

What am I missing? TIA,

73, Rod/w7zrc

Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm sure this is a simple thing but one I cannot seem to find -

When I open DXK via Launcher, three panels open: QSO; Auxiliary; and QSL.

I only want QSO and Aux to open. I have saved my desired panel settings in the Config menu but the three still open instead of just two.

What am I missing?

+ That means you have selected the Log Page Display entry for a QSO that DXKeeper considers "broken", meaning that one or more of its items contain invalid data, or that one or more critical items are not specified. In this circumstance, DXKeeper automatically enables the panels necessary to draw your attention to the items in question by flashing their labels in blue or red font, depending on the severity of the situation. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BrokenQSOs>

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

Rod Greene
 

Dave and all - Thanks for the suggestions but none have worked. Here's what is happening:

1. Starting with all Suite applications closed (not just minimized but closed). I first open Commander and then DXK using Launcher.

2. After DXK opens, it is showing the QSL and Auxiliary panels. Note: I have not clicked on New nor do I have Capture open.

3. I uncheck the box for the QSL panel. I also check to make sure it is not checked in Config. I have only Auxiliary checked in both places at this time. I have not started any activity. Note: I have saved this layout and made sure the saved config file is the one showing selected in Config.

4. I close DXK.

5. I open DXK again via Launcher.

6. Now both the QSL and Auxiliary panels open with DXK.

Why does the QSL panel continue to open even though it has not been selected anywhere.

Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc

On Monday, November 11, 2019, 5:09:39 PM MST, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:


+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm sure this is a simple thing but  one I cannot seem to find -

When I open DXK via Launcher, three panels open: QSO; Auxiliary; and QSL.

I only want QSO and Aux to open. I have saved my desired panel settings in the Config menu but the three still open instead of just two.

What am I missing?

+ That means you have selected the Log Page Display entry for a QSO that DXKeeper considers "broken", meaning that one or more of its items contain invalid data, or that one or more critical items are not specified. In this circumstance, DXKeeper automatically enables the panels necessary to draw your attention to the items in question by flashing their labels in blue or red font, depending on the severity of the situation. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BrokenQSOs>


    73,


            Dave, AA6YQ



iain macdonnell - N6ML
 

Hi Rod,

Did you examine the panels for fields that have red or blue flashing
labels, as described on the "BrokenQSOs" page that Dave provided a
link to?

73,

~iain / N6ML



On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 6:19 AM Rod Greene via Groups.Io
<w7zrc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dave and all - Thanks for the suggestions but none have worked. Here's what is happening:

1. Starting with all Suite applications closed (not just minimized but closed). I first open Commander and then DXK using Launcher.

2. After DXK opens, it is showing the QSL and Auxiliary panels. Note: I have not clicked on New nor do I have Capture open.

3. I uncheck the box for the QSL panel. I also check to make sure it is not checked in Config. I have only Auxiliary checked in both places at this time. I have not started any activity. Note: I have saved this layout and made sure the saved config file is the one showing selected in Config.

4. I close DXK.

5. I open DXK again via Launcher.

6. Now both the QSL and Auxiliary panels open with DXK.

Why does the QSL panel continue to open even though it has not been selected anywhere.

Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc

On Monday, November 11, 2019, 5:09:39 PM MST, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:


+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm sure this is a simple thing but one I cannot seem to find -

When I open DXK via Launcher, three panels open: QSO; Auxiliary; and QSL.

I only want QSO and Aux to open. I have saved my desired panel settings in the Config menu but the three still open instead of just two.

What am I missing?

+ That means you have selected the Log Page Display entry for a QSO that DXKeeper considers "broken", meaning that one or more of its items contain invalid data, or that one or more critical items are not specified. In this circumstance, DXKeeper automatically enables the panels necessary to draw your attention to the items in question by flashing their labels in blue or red font, depending on the severity of the situation. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BrokenQSOs>


73,


Dave, AA6YQ



Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 06:19 AM, Rod Greene wrote:
1. Starting with all Suite applications closed (not just minimized but closed). I first open Commander and then DXK using Launcher.
 
2. After DXK opens, it is showing the QSL and Auxiliary panels. Note: I have not clicked on New nor do I have Capture open.
 
3. I uncheck the box for the QSL panel. I also check to make sure it is not checked in Config. I have only Auxiliary checked in both places at this time. I have not started any activity. Note: I have saved this layout and made sure the saved config file is the one showing selected in Config.
 
4. I close DXK.
 
5. I open DXK again via Launcher.
 
6. Now both the QSL and Auxiliary panels open with DXK.
 
Why does the QSL panel continue to open even though it has not been selected anywhere.
+ Because DXKeeper considers the QSO you've selected to be "broken", and has automatically displayed the QSL panel because the item in question is displayed in that panel. The item's label should be flashing in blue or red font.

        73,

               Dave, AA6YQ

Rod Greene
 

I must be missing something because I don't see any broken fields and there are no flashing labels. I've attached a screen shot if that's of any help. It's no big deal for me to uncheck the box each time I open DXK to turn off any panels that I don't need. Just seems there is something incorrect that I am missing.

Thanks for you help! 73, Rod

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 9:56:14 AM MST, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:


+ AA6YQ comments below

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 06:19 AM, Rod Greene wrote:
1. Starting with all Suite applications closed (not just minimized but closed). I first open Commander and then DXK using Launcher.
 
2. After DXK opens, it is showing the QSL and Auxiliary panels. Note: I have not clicked on New nor do I have Capture open.
 
3. I uncheck the box for the QSL panel. I also check to make sure it is not checked in Config. I have only Auxiliary checked in both places at this time. I have not started any activity. Note: I have saved this layout and made sure the saved config file is the one showing selected in Config.
 
4. I close DXK.
 
5. I open DXK again via Launcher.
 
6. Now both the QSL and Auxiliary panels open with DXK.
 
Why does the QSL panel continue to open even though it has not been selected anywhere.
+ Because DXKeeper considers the QSO you've selected to be "broken", and has automatically displayed the QSL panel because the item in question is displayed in that panel. The item's label should be flashing in blue or red font.

        73,

               Dave, AA6YQ

Rod Greene
 

Thanks to all who helped with this question. I have discovered the problem (I think).

I had imported a large log (via ADIF) from DXBase to DXKeeper. During that import, a few records ended up "Broke". Somewhere around 50 or so. So when I opened DXK, it was also opening the QSL panel to show me that I needed to fix Broken problem records. It did not show a specific one as there were actually many that needed repair.

Anyway, I learned a lot and am now in the process of fixing Broken records.

73 and Thanks again, Rod/w7zrc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 11:26:47 AM MST, Rod Greene via Groups.Io <w7zrc@...> wrote:


I must be missing something because I don't see any broken fields and there are no flashing labels. I've attached a screen shot if that's of any help. It's no big deal for me to uncheck the box each time I open DXK to turn off any panels that I don't need. Just seems there is something incorrect that I am missing.

Thanks for you help! 73, Rod