3DA - Kingdom of Eswatini/Swaziland

Inbody, Don

Just worked and confirmed 3DA0OAG. They refer to themselves as the Kingdom of Eswatini as does Club Log. DXkeeper calls it Swaziland, the old name. What is the correct ARRL/DXCC name for that entity?

Not a big deal, for me, just curious.

73, Don AD0K

Mike Flowers

Kingdom of Eswatini

I have LotW QSLa that say this. 

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Sep 21, 2021, at 10:36 AM, Inbody, Don via groups.io <don@...> wrote:

Just worked and confirmed 3DA0OAG. They refer to themselves as the Kingdom of Eswatini as does Club Log. DXkeeper calls it Swaziland, the old name. What is the correct ARRL/DXCC name for that entity?

73, Don AD0K

Dave AA6YQ

+ The correct name is "Eswatini". We didn't think a simple name change justified a new release of the DXCC Database.

Dave, AA6YQ

Inbody, Don

Thanks.

73, Don AD0K 

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021, 15:49 Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@...> wrote:
Kingdom of Eswatini

I have LotW QSLa that say this. 

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Sep 21, 2021, at 10:36 AM, Inbody, Don via groups.io <don=inbody.net@groups.io> wrote:

73, Don AD0K

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
The correct name is "Eswatini". We didn't think a simple name change justified a new release of the DXCC Database.

+ That's because the DXCC award program only cares about the entity prefix 3DA and the unique entity code 468.

+ Note that a user can immediately update his or her DXCC Databases to reflect the entity name change; see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxview/Help/DXCC.htm

Dave, AA6YQ