Topics

ARRL Creates New Online Groups for Members to Communicate with Leadership

Dave AA6YQ

"ARRL's Committee on Communication with ARRL Members has opened new online forums where all radio amateurs - ARRL members and
non-members alike - can discuss issues and topics in two-way conversation with ARRL leadership. The new groups are aimed at
enhancing communication among ARRL leadership, staff, members, and prospective members, in a manner that enables timely updates and
collegial discussion."

<http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-creates-new-online-groups-for-members-to-communicate-with-leadership>

The new ARRL-Awards group, moderated by ARRL Radiosport Manager Bart W9JJ, provides a venue for asking questions and making
suggestions regarding ARRL awards, like DXCC, VUCC, and WAS:

<https://groups.arrl.org/g/ARRL-Awards>

There is also a new forum focused on contesting, moderated by moderated by ARRL Contest Advisory Committee Chairman Dennis W1UE:

<https://groups.arrl.org/g/ARRL-Contesting>

and a new forum focused on the ARRL's work with the International Amateur Radio Union, moderated by IARU Secretary Dave K1ZZ:

<https://groups.arrl.org/g/ARRL-IARU>

I encourage DXLab users to join and participate in these forums, as your ongoing contribution to our group's friendly ambiance will
help these new forums get off on the right foot. As the ARRL gains confidence in "direct online interaction" -- which began with the
ARRL-LOTW forum several years ago -- online forums focused on more controversial issues will be established.

All of these online forums are hosted on groups.io.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ (Member, ARRL Communications Committee)

Gilbert Baron W0MN

HMMMM. I clicked link for each and got request to give password etc./ (For
ARRL or groups not sure which they want) so I went to the Join Group link
and it asked for email address confirm and I entered email and clicked
confirm, So far I received nothing. Oh well, guess part of the difference
with ARRL having to be the Royalty and have their own set at groups.io
rather tan all of the others. Eventually I guess it well happen.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente
44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

--
W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Ok, got it now. They wanted groups.io login rather than ARRL. My mistake. Sorry. Joining worked. Got some Outlook Filters to build 😊

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente
44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

HMMMM. I clicked link for each and got request to give password etc./ (For ARRL or groups not sure which they want) so I went to the Join Group link and it asked for email address confirm and I entered email and clicked confirm, So far I received nothing. Oh well, guess part of the difference with ARRL having to be the Royalty and have their own set at groups.io rather tan all of the others. Eventually I guess it well happen.

[...]

Tammie M3ENF

Thanks for posting this Dave, a couple of those look interesting so I've requested to join!
--
73 Tammie M3ENF :)