Copy Field

f6gcp

Hi,

DXKeeper related !
Except by playing with Acess,I am looking for a way to copy the content of one userdefined field to SOTA ?
Background: probably, when I imported my log from another software several years ago, I imported SOTA into userdefined field, and I continue to use the userdefined field even SOTA exists in Award.
In order to use the profine SOTA award buttion, I need to copy them into "SOTA"
Note : UserDefined6 is only used to enter SOTA reference.

Thanks

DXKeeper related !
Except by playing with Acess,I am looking for a way to copy the content of one userdefined field to SOTA ?
Background: probably, when I imported my log from another software several years ago, I imported SOTA into userdefined field, and I continue to use the userdefined field even SOTA exists in Award.
In order to use the profine SOTA award buttion, I need to copy them into "SOTA"
Note : UserDefined6 is only used to enter SOTA reference.

+ Here's the procedure:

1. back up your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button)

2. filter the Log Page Display to contain only QSOs whose "user defined 6" item contains information by filtering with this SQL expression

len (APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6)>0

3. use the "Modify QSOs" panel at the bottom of the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" panel to copy the contents of the APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6 item to the SOTA_REF item in each QSO in the Log Page Display

3a. set the "Item Name" selector to SOTA_REF

3b. set the "Item new value" to

<APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6>

3.c click the Mod button

+ Use of the "Modify QSOs" panel to copy the contents of one QSO item to another is described in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/ModifyLog.htm>

f6gcp

Many Thanks I will try.
Thanks for the link also on help (I was more looking to "script" help than this page…
Best 73

DF2PI

Hello,
I just ran into the same topic. If I do hit "modify", I do get the error message:

APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6 is too large for SOTA_REF, whose width is 16

In my User defined topics I do have APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6 to be "Alphanumeric".
What should I do to solve this? Thanks a lot.
regards,
Suitbert, DF2PI

If I do hit "modify", I do get the error message:

APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6 is too large for SOTA_REF, whose width is 16

In my User defined topics I do have APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6 to be "Alphanumeric".
What should I do to solve this?

+ DXKeeper is informing you that one of your QSOs specifies an APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6 item that contains more than 16 characters, and thus cannot be copied to the SOTA_REF item.

+ Filter your Log Page Display with the SQL expression

LEN(APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6)>16

+ This will show you all of your logged QSOs that specify an APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6 item that is "too large". Manually correct these, and you'll then be able to use the "Modify QSO" panel to copy all APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6 items to SOTA_REF items.

DF2PI

Thanks for the reply, Dave.

I have checked and the maximum length of my actual SOTA entries is 11. So it should fit in the SOTA_REF-field. But still getting the error message mentioned above.

I have checked and the maximum length of my actual SOTA entries is 11. So it should fit in the SOTA_REF-field. But still getting the error message mentioned above.

+ Are your saying that when you filter the Log Page Display with this SQL expression

LEN(APP_DXKeeper_USER_DEFINED_6)>16

+ That the Log Page Display is empty?

DF2PI

Yes, exactly!

Yes, exactly!

+ OK. So that I can see what's going on, please place your log file in a zip archive, attach the zip archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com