WPX submission imbroglio

ghassan chammas

Hello dave,

You and some fellow colleagues responded to my various queries/doubts concerning the application to awards via DXK or LOTW.
As I have written in previous mails, I did apply through LOTW ffor DXCC, WAs and WAZ, and I received the credits and the awards.
I had a terrible time, promoting MANUALLY WAZ and WAS vfy qso status to V and this should never happen again !!
an advice I give to all those interested in applying to an award to USE THE DXK award submission routines.

I am now submitting to WPX awards, VIA DXK, for mixed, ssb and digital awards.
The submission report generated by DKP, for each mode, is somehow different from the list generated by LOTW application form. This is ok.

Now, since I want to use DXK , so that those qso's marked S would be promoted to V via verify submission click, I intend to make the LOTW application QSO's exactly similar to those qso's appearing in the reports per mode generated by DXK. However, in the LOTW application, I can UNCHECK or check the QSO's in the application list but I am unable to tell LOTW to use a different QSO for the application:  example: DXK chose 2E0JFY while LOTW chose 2E0VVK. I can Uncheck 2E0VVK

My question is:  ---> how can I ask LOTW to include  2E0JFY in replacement of 2E0VVK?

My ultimate goal is TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS to check 2575 qso's ( the sum of my qso's to be submitted) one by one and manually to make sure that those LOTW promoted to V are accounted for in my DXK. I would rather use verify submission in DXK or NOT APPLY AT ALL.
the manual job is archaic, prone to errors and tiresome...

regards

Ghassan, OD5YA

snip<
Now, since I want to use DXK , so that those qso's marked S would be promoted to V via verify submission click, I intend to make the LOTW application QSO's exactly similar to those qso's appearing in the reports per mode generated by DXK. However, in the LOTW application, I can UNCHECK or check the QSO's in the application list but I am unable to tell LOTW to use a different QSO for the application: example: DXK chose 2E0JFY while LOTW chose 2E0VVK. I can Uncheck 2E0VVK

My question is: ---> how can I ask LOTW to include 2E0JFY in replacement of 2E0VVK?

+ Step-by-step instructions are here:

< https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/wpx-award-credit/#applywpxcredit>

+ On this screen

<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/data/uploads/wpxapplication1.jpg>

+ I suggest clicking the "Clear All" hyperlink to eliminate LoTW's selections. Then check the boxes for each QSO that is a part of the WPX submission that DXKeeper assembled.

My ultimate goal is TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS to check 2575 qso's ( the sum of my qso's to be submitted) one by one and manually to make sure that those LOTW promoted to V are accounted for in my DXK. I would rather use verify submission in DXK or NOT APPLY AT ALL. the manual job is archaic, prone to errors and tiresome...

+ If you are submitting 2575 QSOs for WPX, then you have 2575 boxes to check in LoTW. That's easier than individually changing the WPXVerify items of 2575 QSOs in DXKeeper from 'Y' to 'V' after your application is processed. Perhaps someday, LoTW will be extended to accept an ADIF file that specifies the QSOs you wish to submit for a specific award. It is ironic that the ARRL currently only supports this in "DXCC Online" -- for submitting QSOs confirmed via QSL cards!