Topics

Problem with Path Finder

Julio Peralta

Recently I’ve been having a problem with Path Finder. When I click on a spot I get a message from PF that it isn’t logged into QRZ.com.

Today I tried to go into PF’s config and when I click on the config button nothing happens. The help button works.

I’ve tried shutting down the computer and restarting but it still won’t let me open PF config.

Julio, W4HY

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6QY comments below

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 01:22 PM, Julio Peralta wrote:

Today I tried to go into PF’s config and when I click on the config button nothing happens. The help button works.

I’ve tried shutting down the computer and restarting but it still won’t let me open PF config.

+ See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RecoverWindow>

Julio Peralta

Found it I wonder how it got stuck down on the task bar. I’ll know to look there in the future.

Next question is recently I’ve been getting a message from PF that it isn’t logged into QRZ. PF is set to auto login. What would keep it from logging in automatically or what is causing the error message?

Julio

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 01:22 PM, Julio Peralta wrote:

Today I tried to go into PF’s config and when I click on the config button nothing happens. The help button works.

I’ve tried shutting down the computer and restarting but it still won’t let me open PF config.

+ See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RecoverWindow>

Found it I wonder how it got stuck down on the task bar. I’ll know to look there in the future.

Next question is recently I’ve been getting a message from PF that it isn’t logged into QRZ. PF is set to auto login. What would keep it from logging in automatically or what is causing the error message?

+ Pathfinder hasn't changed since 2017. I can't replicate the behavior you report above, and no one else is reporting it. Thus the problem is likely local to your system or configuration.

+ For example, QRZ recently introduced 2-factor authentication. If you enabled it, that would prevent Pathfinder from automatically logging in.

Julio Peralta

Dave presently it is working as expected. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it starts again.

Julio