Topics

QSO Import

Giovanni Carboni <iz5pqt@...>

Hello,

I am a new user, still in the learning phase.A question about DXKeeper: I would like to import QSOs from an ADIF log selecting only the QSOs after a given date. I cannot find the
option in the menus. I could import the entire ADIF file rejecting duplicates but I wonder if there is another way

73 Giovanni IZ5PQT

I am a new user, still in the learning phase.

+ Welcome to DXlab, Giovanni!

A question about DXKeeper: I would like to import QSOs from an ADIF log selecting only the QSOs after a given date.

+ The only way to do that would be by editing the ADIF file before you import it.

Giovanni Carboni <iz5pqt@...>

Hi Dave,

Ok. Thanks

73 Giovanni IZ5PQT

Il giorno mer 24 apr 2019 alle ore 23:36 Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> ha scritto:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I am a new user, still in the learning phase.

+ Welcome to DXlab, Giovanni!

A question about DXKeeper: I would like to import QSOs from an ADIF log selecting only the QSOs after a given date.

+ The only way to do that would be by editing the ADIF file before you import it.

Carl - WC4H

Hi Giovanni.

You can use ADIFMaster (it's free) to do this.
In the menu use:
- File / Open Filtered
- Select the date range to use
- You will then be prompted for the adif file name.  Select the file.
- It will open with just the records in selected date range.
- Use Save As to save selected records to a new adif file.
- Import the new adif file into DXKeeper.

It's a lot of steps but takes a minute or two.

NOTE:  Look under Settings / Mode and make sure all the modes you use are listed.  If not, add any missing ones else you will get errors for  bad mode.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Carl - WC4H

BTW, you can get ADIFMaster at:  http://www.dxshell.com/downloads.html

73.
Carl - WC4H

Giovanni Carboni <iz5pqt@...>

Hi Carl,

for me it's not a problem filtering ADIF: I use grep  (or sed or awk) on any Linux machine.
Thanks anyway

73 Giovanni IZ5PQT

Il giorno gio 25 apr 2019 alle ore 15:01 Carl - WC4H via Groups.Io <wc4h.dx=yahoo.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
BTW, you can get ADIFMaster at:  http://www.dxshell.com/downloads.html

73.
Carl - WC4H

Carl - WC4H

FB Giovanni.

Then all you have to do is save the filtered file and import into DXKeeper.

73.
Carl - WC4H