Topics

QSO Import

Giovanni Carboni

Hello,

I am a new user, still in the learning phase.A question about DXKeeper: I would like to import QSOs from an ADIF log selecting only the QSOs after a given date. I cannot find the
option in the menus. I could import the entire ADIF file rejecting duplicates but I wonder if there is another way

73 Giovanni IZ5PQT

I am a new user, still in the learning phase.

+ Welcome to DXlab, Giovanni!

A question about DXKeeper: I would like to import QSOs from an ADIF log selecting only the QSOs after a given date.

+ The only way to do that would be by editing the ADIF file before you import it.

Giovanni Carboni

Hi Dave,

Ok. Thanks

73 Giovanni IZ5PQT

Il giorno mer 24 apr 2019 alle ore 23:36 Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> ha scritto:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I am a new user, still in the learning phase.

+ Welcome to DXlab, Giovanni!

A question about DXKeeper: I would like to import QSOs from an ADIF log selecting only the QSOs after a given date.

+ The only way to do that would be by editing the ADIF file before you import it.

Carl - WC4H

Hi Giovanni.

You can use ADIFMaster (it's free) to do this.
In the menu use:
- File / Open Filtered
- Select the date range to use
- You will then be prompted for the adif file name.  Select the file.
- It will open with just the records in selected date range.
- Use Save As to save selected records to a new adif file.
- Import the new adif file into DXKeeper.

It's a lot of steps but takes a minute or two.

NOTE:  Look under Settings / Mode and make sure all the modes you use are listed.  If not, add any missing ones else you will get errors for  bad mode.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Carl - WC4H

BTW, you can get ADIFMaster at:  http://www.dxshell.com/downloads.html

73.
Carl - WC4H

Giovanni Carboni

Hi Carl,

for me it's not a problem filtering ADIF: I use grep  (or sed or awk) on any Linux machine.
Thanks anyway

73 Giovanni IZ5PQT

Il giorno gio 25 apr 2019 alle ore 15:01 Carl - WC4H via Groups.Io <wc4h.dx=yahoo.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
BTW, you can get ADIFMaster at:  http://www.dxshell.com/downloads.html

73.
Carl - WC4H

Carl - WC4H

FB Giovanni.

Then all you have to do is save the filtered file and import into DXKeeper.

73.
Carl - WC4H