Topics

Can't Upgrade Most DXLab Suite Apps

Dave AA6YQ

Most likely, the problem is that one of your anti-malware apps is not configured to allow the Launcher to access the internet.

     73,

           Dave, AA6oYQ

KE0CP

Cliff comments below

+ Please reboot Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking". Then start the Launcher, and attempt to upgrade one of your DXLab applications. Does the upgrade succeed?

Yes that worked! What is the problem that requires the Safe Boot?

Thanks,
Cliff

This may have been covered in a previous thread but I couldn't find it.
When I try to upgrade most apps such as Commander and DXKeeper the downloading window just freezes after downloading the update .exe file. Eventually I have to abort the process. The ErrorLog.txt file shows:
DXQSLModule.ConfigureQSLTable: Unable to open QSLQueue C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\KE0CP.mdb<
and the shutsdown.
This seemed to happen after some prior Windows 10 update, as I have not done anything with the DXLab installation. I have removed all of the Suite's components with Windows' Control Panel | Programs and Features function and reinstalled DXLab Suite but when the installer attempts to upgrade each component they still freeze.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW: I do have the DXLab Suite running on another computer and it upgrades the programs just fine.