Topics

Determining Your DXCC account number

Pete Smith

I have just tried to follow the instructions in the above-titled Help page, but instead of yielding an account number, clicking on View Award Credit Matrix produces the matrix requested, but the URL reads "/lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/awardaccount?awardaccountcmd=status&awg_id=DXCC&ac_acct=1&bingo=1#list"  .  Everything after the ampersand is different.

Any ideas what's wrong?  Might this be related to my having been a very early beta (or maybe alpha) user of LOTW who hasn't applied for DXCC credit since 1993?  Do I need to write to the ARRL?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network

I have just tried to follow the instructions in the above-titled Help page, but instead of yielding an account number, clicking on View Award Credit Matrix produces the matrix requested, but the URL reads "/lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/awardaccount?awardaccountcmd=status&awg_id=DXCC&ac_acct=1&bingo=1#list" . Everything after the ampersand is different.

+ As indicated by

ac_acct=1

+ your DXCC account number is 1

Any ideas what's wrong?

+ There is nothing wrong. The

bingo=1#list

+ is just another parameter the ARRL added to the URL.

Pete Smith

I guess that counts as an early account(?). Thanks, Dave.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/5/2019 3:33 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have just tried to follow the instructions in the above-titled Help page, but instead of yielding an account number, clicking on View Award Credit Matrix produces the matrix requested, but the URL reads "/lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/awardaccount?awardaccountcmd=status&awg_id=DXCC&ac_acct=1&bingo=1#list"  .  Everything after the ampersand is different.

+ As indicated by

ac_acct=1

+ your DXCC account number is 1

Any ideas what's wrong?

+ There is nothing wrong. The

bingo=1#list

+ is just another parameter the ARRL added to the URL.

Kent Olsen

Dave

When I went thru this I felt it was misleading. I misread the wiki and thought that everything after the = was the password. Maybe you could make a mention that it is only the first number.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 12:39 PM Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

[...]

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 01:02 PM, Kent Olsen wrote:

When I went thru this I felt it was misleading. I misread the wiki and thought that everything after the = was the password. Maybe you could make a mention that it is only the first number.

+ Is this better?

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DetermineDXCCAccountNumber>

+ If not, please suggest an improvement.

Kent Olsen

Looks good!

Thanks
73