Topics

Cant enable WSJT-X as a spot source ins latest SC release

Rick Boswell

When I click on the WSJT-X  Enable box on the Spot Sources tab, I get a pop up error message saying  the port (default port in WSJT-X) is in use by another application. Have spent some time trying to troubleshoot this but no joy so far. Guidance appreciated.

Rick
K8EZB

g4wjs

On 01/03/2019 17:21, Rick Boswell wrote:
When I click on the WSJT-X  Enable box on the Spot Sources tab, I get a pop up error message saying  the port (default port in WSJT-X) is in use by another application. Have spent some time trying to troubleshoot this but no joy so far. Guidance appreciated.

Rick
K8EZB
Hi Rick,

if you are running JTAlert then you must close it down if you wish SpotCollector to interact with WSJT-X. This is due to a limitation in JTAlert.

--

Bill

G4WJS.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

When I click on the WSJT-X Enable box on the Spot Sources tab, I get a pop up error message saying the port (default port in WSJT-X) is in use by another application. Have spent some time trying to troubleshoot this but no joy so far. Guidance appreciated.

+ Either another application or service has the port open, or Windows is confused. Rebooting Windows, and then start WSJT-X and your DXLab applications.

+ As noted in the Limitations section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect>

+ JT-Alert cannot be running if you wish to have SpotCollector directly interoperate with WSJT-X.

Dave, AA6YQ

Rick Boswell

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 10:35 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
JT-Alert cannot be running if you wish to have SpotCollector directly interoperate with WSJT-X.
Bingo!  Thanks.

RB

Rick Boswell

JT-Alert cannot be running if you wish to have SpotCollector directly interoperate with WSJT-X.
Is it expected that JTAlert will eventually interoperate with SC and WSJT-X?

RB
K8EZB

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Is it expected that JTAlert will eventually interoperate with SC and WSJT-X?

+ As described in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes>

+ JT-Alert can interoperate with SpotCollector and WSJT-X now.

+ I do not expect the current situation to change any time soon.

Dave, AA6YQ