Topics

WSJT-X with Commander and Flex Maestro

K4PX K4PX

As I look at NM1W'a instructions to configure Commander with Flex6400 and WSJT-X, it specified that you need to configure SmartSDR menus.  I use a Maestro with my Flex 6400 and therefore do not have SmartSDR loaded on my network PC.  The menus on my Maestro do not have the choices that he specifies.  Advice?
Thanks,
Joe
K4PX

As I look at NM1W's instructions to configure Commander with Flex6400 and WSJT-X, it specified that you need to configure SmartSDR menus.

+ Where can these instructions be found?

I use a Maestro with my Flex 6400 and therefore do not have SmartSDR loaded on my network PC. The menus on my Maestro do not have the choices that he specifies. Advice?

+ DXLab supports Flex Signature Radios running SmartSDR. I don't have a Maestro, don't know how it works, and don't claim that DXLab supports it. I'm still waiting for Flex to identify and correct the defects that cause audio stuttering and dropouts when valid commands are sent to SmartSDR 2.4.9.

Al Groff

Joe,
  To use WSJT-X with Flex, you need to have SSDR CAT, and SSDR DAX installed on the same computer as WSJT-X.  The easiest way to install CAT and DAX is to install the whole SSDR package on the PC, which will install DAX & CAT.  You need not run SSDR on the PC.  You can run Maestro to control the radio and run DAX and CAT on the PC to transport audio and control signals to WSJT-X.

AL, K0VM

On 1/9/2019 12:21 PM, K4PX K4PX wrote:
As I look at NM1W'a instructions to configure Commander with Flex6400 and WSJT-X, it specified that you need to configure SmartSDR menus.  I use a Maestro with my Flex 6400 and therefore do not have SmartSDR loaded on my network PC.  The menus on my Maestro do not have the choices that he specifies.  Advice?
Thanks,
Joe
K4PX

To use WSJT-X with Flex, you need to have SSDR CAT, and SSDR DAX installed on the same computer as WSJT-X.

+ That's not correct.

+ As described in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes>

+ WSJT-X should be configured to use Commander to control the transceiver, which in the case of a Flex Signature it does via SmartSDR's API over a local area network. SmartSDR CAT is superfluous, and should not be running.

+ Unless, of course, you aren't using DXLab. If that's the case, why post on this Discussion Group?