Topics

ARRL RTTY Roundup with FT8

neil_zampella

OK .. I'm not a contester per se, but I would like to be able to use DXK as my 'log of record'.   WSJT-X will pass through normal QSO data, but I'm not sure what it passes otherwise.  Should I just use the N1MM+ contest logger, and the N1MM+ Gateway app, or just let WSJT-X log the responses but then I believe I lose the contest data.

Thanks in advance.

Neil, KN3ILZ

ND9G Mike

Does your WSJT-X log to DXKeeper, or are you using JT-Alert to do that logging?

If you insist on running them all and having them sync real time, I would use WSJT-X paired with N1MM+ for the logging of the contest, and let N1MM+ pass things to DXKeeper via the bridge. If you pass from WSJT-X (JTAlert) to DXKeeper and to N1MM+, which then passes to DXKeeper, you'll likely end up with duplicate QSOs in your log of record.

What I personally do, is log all of my contest stuff in N1MM+ and not use any application bridging to DXKeeper during the contest. I don't need the extra layer of potential issues during a contest.  At the end of the contest, I export an d ADIF file from N1MM and import into DXKeeper. Doing it this way, gets everything from the contest into DXKeeper within a few minutes of the end of a contest, and gives me a very quick report of what QSOs I made that advanced any of my award progress.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 2:06 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

OK .. I'm not a contester per se, but I would like to be able to use DXK as my 'log of record'.   WSJT-X will pass through normal QSO data, but I'm not sure what it passes otherwise.  Should I just use the N1MM+ contest logger, and the N1MM+ Gateway app, or just let WSJT-X log the responses but then I believe I lose the contest data.

Thanks in advance.

Neil, KN3ILZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/01/2019 7:06 am, neil_zampella wrote:

OK .. I'm not a contester per se, but I would like to be able to use DXK as my 'log of record'.   WSJT-X will pass through normal QSO data, but I'm not sure what it passes otherwise.  Should I just use the N1MM+ contest logger, and the N1MM+ Gateway app, or just let WSJT-X log the responses but then I believe I lose the contest data.

Thanks in advance.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Easy, JTAlert (since 2.12.8) logs WSJT-X 2.0.0 contest exchanges to DXKeeper. The exchange data SRX_STRING & STX_STRING are recorded in the "rx info" and "tx info" fields of DXKeeper.

de Laurie VK3AMA

neil_zampella

Laurie,

are you sure?   During the FT8 Roundup last month, I used JT-Alert to log to DXK, but those data items were not recorded.    Maybe I need to have DXK setup in contest mode?

Neil

On 5/01/2019 7:44 am, neil_zampella wrote:

Laurie,

are you sure?   During the FT8 Roundup last month, I used JT-Alert to log to DXK, but those data items were not recorded.    Maybe I need to have DXK setup in contest mode?

Neil

Yes, I'm sure. DXKeeper doesn't need to be in Contest mode.

If your tests were last month, than likely, you were using a version of JTAlert that didn't support logging of WSJT-X contest exchanges, as initially the WSJT-X rc releases didn't provide that data in the Logged QSO packet. JTAlert was extended to log the Contest exchanges only after they became available in the WSJT-X 2.0.0 GA release.

I suggest you try a test again with WSJT-X 2.0.0 GAl release and JTAlert 2.12.8 or higher (preferably the latest 2.12.10)

de Laurie VK3AMA

Does your WSJT-X log to DXKeeper, or are you using JT-Alert to do that logging?

+ JTAlert must be running in order for WSJTX to log QSOs to DXKeeper.

If you insist on running them all and having them sync real time, I would use WSJT-X paired with N1MM+ for the logging of the contest, and let N1MM+ pass things to DXKeeper via the bridge. If you pass from WSJT-X (JTAlert) to DXKeeper and to N1MM+, which then passes to DXKeeper, you'll likely end up with duplicate QSOs in your log of record.

What I personally do, is log all of my contest stuff in N1MM+ and not use any application bridging to DXKeeper during the contest. I don't need the extra layer of potential issues during a contest. At the end of the contest, I export an d ADIF file from N1MM and import into DXKeeper. Doing it this way, gets everything from the contest into DXKeeper within a few minutes of the end of a contest, and gives me a very quick report of what QSOs I made that advanced any of my award progress.

+ Sound logic, Mike, but be aware that if you're running SpotCollector to identify needed callsigns, they will continue to be displayed as needed after you work them.

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Perfect answer. Any other way is just asking for trouble.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

neil_zampella

Edited

Ah .. not having v2.12.8 and the WSJT-X 2.0 final explains things then ... I'll be testing the setup tonight.to see how it goes.    I'm usually ahead of the game when it comes to software updates :)

Neil

D. Scott MacKenzie

I am trying to download the latest version of JT Alerts, and the webpage is slow and down loads is not occurring.  Is there a mirror available?

D. Scott MacKenzie, PhD