Topics

DXKeeper Questions

Bill - AA4M

I've been trying to get DXKeeper to upload each WSJT-X QSO to LoTW as soon as I log it.  I did get this working, but have 2 questions:

1.  After uploading my 1st FT8 QSO, I noticed that all of my log entries except the last one had disappeared.  But I then noticed that the filter was showing the call for my last QSO, even though "Filter: None" was showing above the call block.  So I clicked the "X" and things returned to normal, including the new QSO, phew!  How can I end this odd filter behavior?

2.  I've been trying to get the log display to give me some kind of indication for "LoTW Confirmed", when the other half of my QSO had confirmed our QSO via LoTW.  I've found some information about this but really can't understand how it works.  Ideally I'd like to have no additional keystrokes or mouse clicks to see if the other party had confirmed our QSO, much like I've seen in HRD.  Can this be done?

BTW - I've RTFM until I'm blue in the face without answering the above 2 queries!

Thanks!
Bill - AA4M

I've been trying to get DXKeeper to upload each WSJT-X QSO to LoTW as soon as I log it. I did get this working, but have 2 questions:

1. After uploading my 1st FT8 QSO, I noticed that all of my log entries except the last one had disappeared. But I then noticed that the filter was showing the call for my last QSO, even though "Filter: None" was showing above the call block. So I clicked the "X" and things returned to normal, including the new QSO, phew! How can I end this odd filter behavior?

+ Submitting QSO a QSO to LoTW does not change the Log Page Display filtering. Without knowing what you did to filter the Log Page Display, I can't answer your question.

2. I've been trying to get the log display to give me some kind of indication for "LoTW Confirmed", when the other half of my QSO had confirmed our QSO via LoTW. I've found some information about this but really can't understand how it works. Ideally I'd like to have no additional keystrokes or mouse clicks to see if the other party had confirmed our QSO, much like I've seen in HRD. Can this be done?

+ One of the 100+ items DXKeeper stores with each QSO is "LoTW Rcvd", which indicates the status of the QSO's LoTW Confirmation. You'll find it documented here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm#LoTW%20rcvd>

+ The typical values of this item are

R - requested

Y - received

S - DXCC award credit requested

V - DXCC award credit granted

+ You can add a column for this item to the Log Page Display so that every QSO's LoTW status is visible; see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LogPageDisplayConfiguration>

+ If you select a QSO by clicking on its entry in the Log Page Display, its "LoTW Rcvd" item will be visible in the "Online QSL" panel above the Log Page Display on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab. If the "Online QSL" panel is not present, make it so by checking the "Online QSL" box to the right of the QSO panel at the top of the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab; you may have to widen the Main window to see the vertical role of checkboxes that control which panels are made visible above the Log Page Display; see the first screenshot in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSLingLotW>

+ and the text above it. You will also find the "State Flow" section of this article to be relevant.

+ I suggest that you also review

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DownloadLotW>

Roy Jackson

Roy G. Jackson KW4G Sebring, Florida USA

On 18/12/12 3:52 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I've been trying to get DXKeeper to upload each WSJT-X QSO to LoTW as soon as I log it.  I did get this working, but have 2 questions:

1.  After uploading my 1st FT8 QSO, I noticed that all of my log entries except the last one had disappeared.  But I then noticed that the filter was showing the call for my last QSO, even though "Filter: None" was showing above the call block.  So I clicked the "X" and things returned to normal, including the new QSO, phew!  How can I end this odd filter behavior?

+ Submitting QSO a QSO to LoTW does not change the Log Page Display filtering. Without knowing what you did to filter the Log Page Display, I can't answer your question.
I use WSJT-X and JTAlert, along with DXLab. I have seen what this gentleman is talking about. As far as I can remember, it has always been that way. It never bothered me enough to attempt to change it. When I double-click a call in WSJT-X something, apparently, causes DXKeeper to filter the log page display by that call, so you can view previous contacts, if any. I assume that something is JTAlert. Any way, the log page display stay filtered to that call, even if the QSO is eventually logged. If you double-click on another call without completing the QSO with the first call, then the log page display filters for the second call. The only way to return to the full log page display is to Control-click the X in the filter box. There is probably a seting somewhere that I don't have correct, but, as I said, I really haven't taken the time to look for it. Hope this helps.

[...]

* AA6YQ comments below

[...]

* Nothing described above is incorrect.

* The original poster reported "But I then noticed that the filter was showing the call for my last QSO, even though "Filter: None" was showing above the call block" -- which is incorrect behavior that I'd like to know how to replicate

Bill - AA4M

Hello Dave,

The filter was showing the call for my last QSO, which was also my last double click on WSJT-X.  At the time I posted my original message I did not know for sure what the trigger was for the filter change, sorry!

73, Bill - AA4M

On 2018-12-12 20:23:52, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
* AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ No problem, Bill. I just want to be sure that things are working correctly.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/12/2018 11:28 am, Roy Jackson wrote:
use WSJT-X and JTAlert, along with DXLab. I have seen what this gentleman is talking about. As far as I can remember, it has always been that way. It never bothered me enough to attempt to change it. When I double-click a call in WSJT-X something, apparently, causes DXKeeper to filter the log page display by that call, so you can view previous contacts, if any. I assume that something is JTAlert. Any way, the log page display stay filtered to that call, even if the QSO is eventually logged. If you double-click on another call without completing the QSO with the first call, then the log page display filters for the second call. The only way to return to the full log page display is to Control-click the X in the filter box.

Simple, If you want to clear the DXKeeper Filter after logging a QSO, clear the DX Call in WSJT-X.

While ever there is a DX Call shown in WSJT-X JTAlert will instruct DXKeeper to filter its display.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Simple, If you want to clear the DXKeeper Filter after logging a QSO, clear the DX Call in WSJT-X.

While ever there is a DX Call shown in WSJT-X JTAlert will instruct DXKeeper to filter its display.

+ Note that the behavior described above is governed by options on the Applications/DXLab Suite section of JTAlert's Settings
window.

Bill - AA4M

Gentleman . . . Moi?  Hi

I found the fix for this!  In JTAlertX:  Settings > Manage Settings > Applications > DXLab Suite, uncheck all boxes under the DXKeeper heading.  I did this a couple of hours ago and haven't seen a filtered view of my log since!

73, Bill - AA4M