DXKeeper Carson City, NV County Pull Down Menu

Mark Robinson

I just added QRZ XML lookup to my log and updated my complete log.  I have a few broken QSO's showing.

One of these is K7WLX.  He shows his county as Carson City, NV

and this explains how the original county was abolished and all brought under the city

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carson_City,_Nevada

Carson City was the county seat of Ormsby County.  In 1969, the county was abolished, and its territory merged with Carson City to form the Consolidated Municipality of Carson City.[

DXKeeper does not have a county pull down option for NV, Carson City which is what I think it should have.

73 Mark N1UK

KA9JAC

Carson City is an Independent City, you will find them other places also. There is a bunch of them in VA.
For the purpose of county hunting and the USA-CA award, you can count it for one of the adjoining counties.

73
Bob, KA9JAC

On 8/29/2018 9:02 AM, Mark Robinson wrote:
[...]

Carson City was the county seat <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_seat> of Ormsby County <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ormsby_County,_Nevada> . In 1969, the county was abolished, and its territory merged with Carson City to form the Consolidated Municipality of Carson City.[ <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carson_City,_Nevada#cite_note-consolidatedmunicipality-3>

DXKeeper does not have a county pull down option for NV, Carson City which is what I think it should have.

+ CQ Magazine's "Worked All US Counties" award -- abbreviated USA-CA -- mandates special treatment of the independent cities of Nevada (like Carson City) and Virginia: you must record them as an adjacent county of your choice. DXKeeper's reference documentation cites a URL that describes this rule, but the URL is no longer functional. I am including CQ USA-CA award manager Ted K1BV in hopes that he will provide me with an updated URL with which I will update the reference documentation.

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2018-08-29 2:14 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ CQ Magazine's "Worked All US Counties" award -- abbreviated USA-CA -- mandates special treatment of the independent cities of Nevada (like Carson City) and Virginia: you must record them as an adjacent
county of your choice.
Note: Once you have chosen to map an independent city to an adjacent
county, you must map all instances of that independent city to the
same adjacent country. For example, Alexandria (City) Virginia sets
between Arlington and Fairfax counties. You may not make contact with two stations in Alexandria (City) and treat one as Arlington County
and the other as Fairfax County.

On 2018-08-29 2:14 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

Rule C.4 in

<http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_awards/cq_usa_ca_awards/cq_usa_ca_awards.html>

states

"In the case of cities, parks, or reservations not within counties proper, applicants may claim any one of the adjoining counties for credit (once)."

This rule applies to the independent cities of Nevada and Virginia like Carson City, Nevada.