Winwarbler Change Wish

Curt Bowles

Hello

If I had one wish to make a change to Winwabler... I would move the X (click to clear all QSO info textboxes) underneath the Red Button (Audio record) and widen the Log button to occupy the space the X was in...

I don't know how many times I have cleared a QSO rather than logging it...especially... when in the heat of the battle or not get my mouse arrow directly over the Log button...!

Just saying : - )
--
Curt Bowles
VE3ZN

If I had one wish to make a change to Winwabler... I would move the X (click to clear all QSO info textboxes) underneath the Red Button (Audio record) and widen the Log button to occupy the space the X was in...

I don't know how many times I have cleared a QSO rather than logging it...especially... when in the heat of the battle or not get my mouse arrow directly over the Log button...!

+ I am not comfortable with moving the X button, as its position helps document its function. Moving it elsewhere would require changing its name to "Clear", as is done in DXKeeper's Capture window; this would consume significantly more space.

+ However, the Log button can be enlarged by dropping the Audio Recording button to the second row, as shown in the upper-right corner of the "QSO Info" panel of this screen shot:

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/WW914.jpg>

+ Would this be a worthwhile improvement? Does anyone object to this change?

Salvatore Besso

no objection to this change. I also have cleared some QSO's instead of logging them... The X side by side with Log button is somewhat dangerous...

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

Gordon LaPoint

Dave,
    Moving the Audio Recording Button to the second row sounds like a Great! idea.  I have also clicked the X when I wanted "Log".
Thanks,
Gordon - N1MGO

On 08/28/2018 10:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Hello dave...

Yes that certainly would be a big improvement from my perspective.

thanks for taking a look at his : - )

Curt Bowles
VE3ZN

Greg

Dave

I think this is a good idea.

73, Greg VK3VT

On 29/08/2018 12:23 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

I agree with this proposed change

Steve
KG5VK

http://www.KG5VK.com
My Ham Radio Friends

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 8:05 AM, Greg <vk3vt@...> wrote:
[...]

Björn SM7IUN

Very sensible proposal.

After having made this mistake myself a prefer to use Ctrl-L.

Björn SM7IUN

Den ons 29 aug. 2018 kl 04:23 skrev Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...>:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Dale Drake

That would be an improvement, but I would suggest swapping the Spot button and the Log button, then enlarge the Log button.

My 2 cents worth.

Dale AA1QD

That would be an improvement, but I would suggest swapping the Spot button and the Log button, then enlarge the Log button.

+ Here's a second iteration, with Dale AA1QD's proposed improvement (above) and the width of the Spot button slightly reduced to
provide more separation from the dreaded X button:

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/WW914.jpg>

+ Any objections?

Björn SM7IUN

Even even better with even less chance of misclick.

73,

Björn SM7IUN

Den ons 29 aug. 2018 kl 20:34 skrev Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...>:

+ AA6YQ comments below

That would be an improvement, but I would suggest swapping the Spot button and the Log button, then enlarge the Log button.

+ Here's a second iteration, with Dale AA1QD's proposed improvement (above) and the width of the Spot button slightly reduced to
provide more separation from the dreaded X button:

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/WW914.jpg>

+ Any objections?

Salvatore Besso

Here's a second iteration
that sounds even better.

73 de
Salvatore (I4FYV)

Curt Bowles

Here's a second iteration,... like this even better : - )
--
Curt Bowles
VE3ZN