DXKeeper: "LotW sent" not setting to "Y"

Mike Dower

Good evening all,

I'm not sure if this question has been addressed before - if so, my apologies.

My XYL is using DXKeeper, and has discovered that a large number of her QSOs before mid-2017 which were previously uploaded to LotW (possibly via file uploaded to the LotW website, and not via DXKeeper) have the "LotW sent" field (in the "Online QSL" group of the "Log QSOs" tab)  still set to "U".  Syncing LotW uploads via "Sync LotW QSOs" on the "QSL" tab doesn't change this "LotW sent" field to "Y".  In some cases, the other stations have QSLed via LotW and DXKeeper shows this.  Re-uploading the QSOs to LotW, and later syncing the LotW QSOs, does not change the "LotW sent" field from "U" to "Y".

What do we need to do fix this?

Regards,

Mike VK2IG

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 5:06 AM, Mike Dower <vk2ig@...> wrote:
Good evening all,

I'm not sure if this question has been addressed before - if so, my
apologies.

My XYL is using DXKeeper, and has discovered that a large number of her QSOs
before mid-2017 which were previously uploaded to LotW (possibly via file
uploaded to the LotW website, and not via DXKeeper) have the "LotW sent"
field (in the "Online QSL" group of the "Log QSOs" tab) still set to "U".
Syncing LotW uploads via "Sync LotW QSOs" on the "QSL" tab doesn't change
this "LotW sent" field to "Y". In some cases, the other stations have QSLed
via LotW and DXKeeper shows this. Re-uploading the QSOs to LotW, and later
syncing the LotW QSOs, does not change the "LotW sent" field from "U" to
"Y".

What do we need to do fix this?
Start here: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DebugUnacceptedLotW

~iain / N6ML

Mike Dower

Thanks Iain,

I checked through each of the 10 items in the page you referenced, and I couldn't find anything wrong.

DXKeeper shows 380 (!!!) QSOs which are still (stubbornly) set to "U".  I have looked at the list of QSOs on my XYL's LotW account, and comparing a few between LotW and DXKeeper didn't show any errors, etc, so I think it's safe to assume that there is a high likelihood that the 380 QSOs in DXKeeper and LotW all match?  Some of them even show QSLs received in both LotW and DXKeeper.

I'm wondering if the best way to fix this is to do a bulk change of "U" to "Y" using the "DXKeeper Advanced Sorts, Filters & Modifiers" page in order to convince the software that what the humans are seeing is actually correct?

Regards,

Mike VK2IG 

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Dower
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 8:56 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] DXKeeper: "LotW sent" not setting to "Y"

Thanks Iain,

I checked through each of the 10 items in the page you referenced, and I couldn't find anything wrong.

DXKeeper shows 380 (!!!) QSOs which are still (stubbornly) set to "U". I have looked at the list of QSOs on my XYL's LotW account, and comparing a few between LotW and DXKeeper didn't show any errors, etc, so I think it's safe to assume that there is a high likelihood that the 380 QSOs in DXKeeper and LotW all match? Some of them even show QSLs received in both LotW and DXKeeper.

I'm wondering if the best way to fix this is to do a bulk change of "U" to "Y" using the "DXKeeper Advanced Sorts, Filters & Modifiers" page in order to convince the software that what the humans are seeing is actually correct?

+ It's not necessary to make assumptions; DXKeeper can update those 380 QSOs with their LoTW acceptance "en masse". However, before doing that, let's try updating one QSO and see what happens. Please do the following:

1. on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, click the Filter panel's LoTW button; the Log Page Display should be filtered to contain those 380 QSOs whose "LoTW QSL Sent" items are set to 'U'.

2. Pick one of these QSOs, right-click its entry in the Log Page Display, and select "Update from LoTW" in the popup menu. What is the result of this operation?

Dave, AA6YQ

Mike Dower

Hi Dave,

I followed your instructions, and got a positive result; viz. a message in Notepad stating:

"LotW operations: 1 QSL processed, 1 log entry updated, 0 errors

No new confirmations of anything needed and previously unconfirmed"

The "LotW sent" field for that QSO is now set to"Y".

Mike VK2IG

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I followed your instructions, and got a positive result; viz. a message in Notepad stating:

"LotW operations: 1 QSL processed, 1 log entry updated, 0 errors

No new confirmations of anything needed and previously unconfirmed"

The "LotW sent" field for that QSO is now set to"Y".

+ OK. Before retiring for the evening,

1. on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, click the Filter panel's LoTW button. This should filter the Log Page Display to contain your ~380 QSOs whose "LoTW Sent" items are set to 'U'

2. on the Main window's QSLs tab,

2a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

2b. click the "Update from LoTW" button near the lower-left corner, and approve when asked if you want your ~380 QSOs updated with status from LoTW

Dave, AA6YQ

Mike Dower

Hi Dave,

Thanks, that set all "LotW sent" for the remaining 379 QSOs to "Y".

Usually with my instance of DXKeeper the "LotW sent" field updates with "Sync LotW QSOs" functions. My XYL uses another computer and a separate instance of DXKeeper, and I am wondering why "Sync LotW QSOs" didn't catch these 380 QSOs?

Mike VK2IG

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Thanks, that set all "LotW sent" for the remaining 379 QSOs to "Y".

Usually with my instance of DXKeeper the "LotW sent" field updates with "Sync LotW QSOs" functions. My XYL uses another computer and a separate instance of DXKeeper, and I am wondering why "Sync LotW QSOs" didn't catch these 380 QSOs?

+ In your XYL's instance of DXKeeper, on the Main window's QSL tab with its "QSL Via" panel set to LoTW, what date appears beneath the "Sync LoTW QSOs" button?

Dave, AA6YQ

Mike Dower

Hi Dave,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

On my XYL's instance of DXKeeper, the date under the "Sync LotW QSOs" button is 27/08/2018 02:33:03.

(This is the button she pressed back when we first noticed this issue.)

Mike VK2IG

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

On my XYL's instance of DXKeeper, the date under the "Sync LotW QSOs" button is 27/08/2018 02:33:03.

(This is the button she pressed back when we first noticed this issue.)

+ That's fine, Mike.

+ The reason that those 380 QSOs had their "LoTW Sent" items set to 'U' is that they were originally uploaded to LoTW with another application, and LoTW had evidently already reported them as "accepted". The "Sync LoTW QSOs" function asks LoTW to report all QSOs accepted since the last time new QSOs were accepted; since those 380 QSOs were already reported as accepted, they were not reported again.

+ This article explains how the new DXKeeper user can ensure that DXKeeper is up-to-date with respect to QSOs already uploaded to LoTW:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOsAlreadyUploadedLotW>

+ Your XYL has updated each logged QSO to reflect its acceptance by LoTW, but has not yet updated each logged QSO to reflect its possible confirmation by LoTW. Before retiring for the evening, depress the CTRL key while clicking the "Sync LoTW QSLs" button; that will direct LoTW to report all confirmed QSOs so that DXKeeper can properly update the "LoTW QSL Rcvd" item of each.

Dave, AA6YQ